1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Jammer (Yet another one)

Discussion in 'Solved Rule Questions' started by Wyrmnax, Jun 12, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Can a jammer ARO Jam a oponent that moved through its ZoC but was never in LoF? I seem to remember it can, but the only reference to attacking outside its LoF is Intuitive attack - wich is a entire order skill and as such not possible on ARO.

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Yes, it also has the "No LoF" tag, separate from the "Intuitive Attack" tag. So being in ZoC triggers an ARO, which normally would just be a Change Facing opportunity, but Jammer grants another ARO option.

HellLois, xagroth, inane.imp and 3 others like this.
  3. pakohbadajoz

pakohbadajoz Well-Known Member

So an unit with Jammer cannot ARO to camo markers with atack?

<br>Una ranita iba caminando...

4. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Correct. They can only do it in the active turn with an intuitive attack.

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

There is a specific list of ARO allowed against camo marker http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Camouflage_and_Hiding_(CH)#CH:_LEVEL_2._CAMOUFLAGE :

AROs against CH Markers
    • The only AROs available against a CH: Camouflage Marker (CAMO) or a CH: TO Camouflage Marker (TO CAMO) are Discover, Change Facing, and Dodge.
    • Bear in mind that when reacting to a CH: Camouflage or CH: TO Camouflage Marker, you may delay your ARO declaration until after the Marker declares its second Short Skill.
    • However, if you choose to delay your ARO, you may only declare it if the Camouflage Marker revealed itself with its second Short Skill. If the Marker does not reveal itself, the reactive trooper loses his right to ARO.
    So no attack, including comm, against camo marker

HellLois, xagroth, chromedog and 2 others like this.
  6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

This is my main problem with this piece of gear. And further this incredibly powerful, potentially game-breaking ARO ability is also combined with a really powerful Intuitive Attack that prevents any meaningful retaliation. And when it's on a 5-point trooper... with smoke and Dogged... no bueno.

nazroth likes this.
  7. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

I would be very happy if Jammer was to cease to exist in the game. It is broken. Especially on a cheap troop. I'm partially happy new Nomad unit got one, but still - Jammer is so broken I would sacrifice own unit for the thing to go away.

Hecaton, Savnock, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  8. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Correct

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.