1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra Política de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Flash Pulse knock off Symbiomates?

Discussion in 'Solved Rule Questions' started by ObviousGray, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

It's not a loop if you conceive of using TI as using the mate and read TI as simply ignoring the roll rather the changing an 'attack that causes a roll into an attack that doesn't cause a roll'.

Crit happens with EXP, this is of the type 'attack that forces a roll' and therefore you're obliged to use the mate.
    Remove mate.
    Apply affects of 'mate, gain TI.
    Resolve the hit.

No logic loop.

Whereas,
    Hit by Flashpulse. This doesn't cause a roll due TI so the mate doesn't get used, therefore it doesn't meet the requirements of TI, therefore it causes a roll and the mate is used, but mates give TI so it doesn't cause a roll so the mate doesn't get used....

Hecaton likes this.
  2. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

So is there a consensus on this? My understanding from the thread is "you have total immunity, so flash pulse (etc) won't do anything at all". Rather than ask this exact question in another post would be cool if someone could tell me if this was in fact clarified.

3. toadchild

toadchild EI Aspect

There's no official answer, but that's the interpretation that seems the most logically consistent to me personally.

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Consuming clause for 'mate being triggered by getting hit by a flash pulse is not against that logic.

I'd bet we'll have to wait until next FAQ, however.

5. toadchild

toadchild EI Aspect

I said it was the one that seems most consistent to me personally. I’m not denying the validity of other positions.

inane.imp and xagroth like this.
  6. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Added to the unsolved question list (correct me if the description there is wrong)

toadchild likes this.
  7. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Solved at FAQs:

A trooper with a SymbioMate is hit by a weapon that forces an ARM or BTS Roll, and has the Non-Lethal Trait. Will the SymbioMate be removed by this hit?
    No. Due to Total Immunity, the trooper will not be making an ARM or BTS Roll, so the SymbioMate is not removed.

Xeurian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.