1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solo Play

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by geo67, Jul 24, 2018.

1. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

So on days where you don't have anyone venturing out to throw down, does anyone have a good method for solo play?

I have played Guild Ball Solo, and it works out fairly well, but that game is like basic addition compared to Infinity.

I thought solo could be fun, if said two Aleph Squads were having war games, kinda like what I did back in my days in the service.

Would love to hear any attempts at this.

2. Captain927

Captain927 Shotguns and Scotch Runs.

I think it would be fairly difficult as it's hard to be objective with yourself. You know what each side is doing/going to do so both sides can anticipate the tactics and strategy. You will either have one side dominate the other, or a stale mate. Nothing will be unexpected.

geo67 likes this.
  3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

The way i've seen other systems tend to do this is to have an "AI" of sorts playing the antagonist, only this is modeled with tables, rolls and the like. Given the heavy strategy of Infinity this would be quite tricky to do.

geo67 likes this.
  4. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Best you can do is run through scenarios like attack the HMG, or zombie defence where you are up against nothing but warbands and each warband only does its impetious move.

DukeofEarl and geo67 like this.
  5. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

I was thinking you drop your team in, and they have a mission to complete, rescue or obtain resources.

But, instead of playing against another infinity army, play against zombies or aliens, or even dinosaurs. Give them a very difficult hordes army to face, that way you only have to control a basic movement of said hordes army, and they would be almost overwhelming for your team to destroy...a lot like how zombicide plays. The more you kill the harder it gets. Much like Aliens or Jurassic park, Resident Evil, etc.

The hordes would have a simple stat line, one or two attacks each turn, they would be impetuous, always moving toward your troops, some sort of generator to keep pumping them out. Since the infinity troops are so well armed at BS and CC it would have to be large numbers to face. Then maybe one hordes boss.

So you'd split the board into quadrants, or whatever you want. Roll for where you are inserted, where your objective is, where the hordes generate from, and where your extraction point is. Then you'd roll to see how many hordes there are in each quadrant, and go from there.

I don't know, just kicking it around.

6. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

We played something like Space Hulk one time

100 points, 2 swc

The layout is as you want it, with an entry point per player and spawn points for the enemies. Enemies are pupniks (though you can use pretas/gakis or something similar, we chose pupniks because they can dodge well, making it more difficult to kill them). They only get an impetuous order. at the end of every round, one pupnik spawns from each point, with more spawning as the game goes on.

geo67 likes this.
  7. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

I could just see Achilles being dropped into a sh*t storm with and just having to fight his way out, rescue some HVT. Would be fun.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation