1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoke and Mirrors, First view

Discussion in 'Smoke & Mirrors' started by DeadlyOcean, Apr 27, 2018.

1. DeadlyOcean

DeadlyOcean SCAF Maelstrom Crew/Korean A! Manager/Sygmaa Spy;)

Well. My English is not good as much but let me try.

this is just first thought when i saw all cards. I can't wait release date! I really want to Field test!

okay. first i saw all cards from new expansion, this pack has own great power.

I'll talk about all one by one.

if you guys have another thought, let me know that. :D

If you want check new state, check this Thread.
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/smoke-and-mirrors.22785/

All cards images from A! website.
    https://aristeiathegame.com/characters

1. Kozmo
    carta_1_kozmo.png carta_2_kozmo.png carta_3_kozmo.png carta_4_kozmo.png carta_5_kozmo.png
    Okay. looks like D'va to me. :smirk:

he is a Tanker in this pack, however he has only 4 HPs.

but his defense value is good enough for tanker. I thought why he has :*::-::.: but i realized he has Swtich for Smoke.

yep. smoke. he can block LoF for your aristos. if enemy have no close combat dealer like Mushashi, Smoke will be pain in the ass for them i guess.

and smoke action don't need LoF to shoot that. use that as you can.

Supernova is meh. not bad attack. if scenario like KoH, that swtich will be awesome but others? I don't know yet. but Burning State looks terrible.

Meteoric Charge is looks good Movement action for him. you have two choice.

1. Just move twice(move 6 hexes, but can't attack and only one smoke)

2. Use Meteoric Charge(Move 5 hexes, you can attack with Supernova and two smokes you can use)

He's tanking ability is not good as like Max. but it's okay. he's way of defense is different.

His tactics are all good enough to me.

-1 Asteroid Belt : this tactic swap you and your alley, and make Kozmo new target. looks nice. if Kozmo has enough HPs, you can use this for protect your wounded aristo, or you can use this for securing scoring zone easily. if your Maximus got attacked in scoring zone, just use this tactics and swap enemy's target. never die tankers coming for ya.

-2 Infinite Density : if enemy Range dealer in smoke or got :S:, just use this. they do nothing.

-3 Gravitational Slingshot : do you know Blood Bowl and Trolls can throw your Goblins far away as they can? well. throw your any aristos behind the wall. I think he throw Mushashi or Massacre, It will be fun. take this! :D:

-4 Stellar Nucleosynthesis : simple damaging tactics. If you have Gata, this tactic will be deadly i guess.

Conclusion : Kozmo is good tanker, but not like Max and Valkyrie. I guess using smoke well is key of survival.

#1 DeadlyOcean, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    volgo likes this.
  2. DeadlyOcean

2. Taowu
    carta_1_taowu.png carta_2_taowu.png carta_4_taowu.png carta_5_taowu.png carta_3_taowu.png

wow. look so evil. isn't he?

this Do-sa(Korean term, Do-sa means Magicians or Shaman in Taoism. wait... that's why his name is Taowu...?) looks so weak. i mean, just look at his card.

just :)::)::3::3:on :W:? also he can't evade from enemy nearby you. he can't grab enemy's leg when they run away from you. just :3::3:.

and just 2 :T:, wow. so, can he dose anything? yes he is.

first, you should look his Character Switch. when he got :3::3:, your opponent lose his/her tactics. damn it's too awesome!

when enemy attack Taowu, well. lose one tactic. if enemy want to move from Taowu? oh. lose one tactic. if Taowu want to move from the enemies? oh my. lose one tactic. he makes dry your hand soon.

he's action is simple but powerful. he makes your enemy :G: state without LoF. if you got lucky, you can make your opponent discard one tactic. if you want, you can :G: one more enemy. if enemy don't want second victim, oops. discard your tactic. XD what the hell is this?

Hallucination is simple movement action. with Kozmo, he can move anywhere. like smoke and mirrors... just magical.

oh. did i tell you if you kill this annoying Do-sa, he doesn't give anything for ya? yeah. take this Flag Token, and leave. sorry for ya. :smirk:

his tactics are just fabulous. check this out y'all.

-1 Mind Reading : Yo. you want that tactic? just take it! and use it! anything you want! one of my strategy is, take three No!. you know what i'm saying. :smirk:

-2 No! : simple. just say No! you have two(or Three) No! for you.

-3 Confusion : swap their running order like boss. and say "your plan is busted. HA-HA!"

-4 Ignorance : most powerful card he has. use 'Kiss my sexy ass' first, and use this. 4 tactics discard at once.

Conclusion : he is powerful Tactics Controller. in this game, tactics are have great value. just make dry opponent's hand. but Taowu is weakest Aristo i ever seen. just be careful. once your opponent got damage to his hand, he/she really want to get rid this poor old man.

#2 DeadlyOcean, Apr 27, 2018
    Kahlain and volgo like this.
  3. DeadlyOcean

3. Mutair
    carta_1_murtair.png carta_2_murtair.png carta_3_murtair.png carta_4_murtair.png carta_5_murtair.png

Oh well. this Caledonian guy looks cute at first time. but when he starting to killing your Aristos, he is no more cute puppy. he's a wolf. predator.

first, he's :T: is 5. higher than Kozmo. however he has reason. look at his :W: and :Y:. :-::):? he is very fragile. at least massacre has a:*:. and 3:Y:only? damn slow as snail.

but, he has special ability called 'Fury'. when he got :4:, he's :Y:gonna higher than first. up to 7. Thanks to correction guys!

also, he's attack skills are just good. just good. 'Bite' attack is damage dealing attack skill. simple, but deadly.

if you spend more AP for him, his biting become more deadly. :+::,::,::2::2: ain't joke. only weakness is :L:1-1. but reasonable.

Claw swipe is act like Maxius's 'Jotum's shield' or 8-ball's 'eat my fa-jing!' he can displace opponent's scorers.

but he's real power come from 'Super Jump action'. yeah. Super-Jump. you can leaf blocked space. :SL:1-3 jump is can be deadly.

let's check tactics.

-1 Berserker Charge : Very Powerful attack tactic card. one :2: means :4::4::4:. you can kill Maximus in one turn. use this and kill everything. but remember. one :1: will nullify one :2:. in this case, one :1: makes block three:4:.

-2 Unbridled Fury : got :4::4::4:, and displace yourself three hexes. good movement tactic when you surrounded by enemy but it make you easy to kill. use wisely.

-3 Track : if enemy runaway from you, just use this. follow them and Coup de Grâce them.

-4 Quenched : if you kill anyone, you can heal all yourself. got em!

Conclusion : Mutair is powerful and fast close combat dealer. only 3 damage makes him stronger and faster. but his :W: is not good as other brawlers. watch your :T:.

#3 DeadlyOcean, Apr 27, 2018
    volgo likes this.
  4. DeadlyOcean

4. Fadre-Inquisitor Mendoza
    carta_1_mendoza.png carta_2_mendoza.png carta_3_mendoza.png carta_4_mendoza.png carta_5_mendoza.png

Our holy fadre. burn all heretic. that's your role. for the emperor!

anyway, he is supporter in this pack. yeah. he is healer. and best healer i ever seen.

okay. I tell you why i think he is best healer in this game.

first, his switch is very easy to activate. just one :3:, even don't need LoF.

also, his Automatic skill is healing skill. you can heal alley when fadre do other things.

Parvati has 5 chances to use her medikit but only one :,:. in my experience, one :,: not perfect.

just shoot his boarding shotgun, and heal all your alley.

oh, and he can makes burn enemy. burning state is powerful state. you can't get rid that easily. just see how's it work.
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/smoke-and-mirrors.22785/

-1 Tabula Rasa : Healing tactics even Aristos in bench! however this tactic also heal everybody! i mean EVERYBODY. good tactics but use wisely.

-2 Fiat Voluntas : you can heal your alley that you burned before. if you need to fix alley asap, use this. it looks like emergency healing card.

-3 Hic Et Nunc : A.K.A Radio Beacon in BF4, yeah. you can re-spawn nearby him. also you got healed anyway!

-4 Res, Nonverba : Are you burning? okay. then get dazzled too.

Conclusion : Powerful healer. everything good. but he got only 3:T:. be careful. our fadre are not invincible.

volgo likes this.
  5. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Why is Mutair max +3 initiative?

Quenched only works if you kill them, so not like Massacre.

DeadlyOcean likes this.
  6. DeadlyOcean

is that +3:Y: per :4:? maybe i was wrong to translate. then why it's +3:Y:per:4:? can you explain for me please? :D

and oh. i missed 'Combat roll'. Thanks! if any other things i missed or wrong, pls tell me. :D

7. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Murtair has 5 :T:, he can have 4 :4: tokens. 3+4=7 is the max he can have, the same :Y: as Gata.

And remember:
    • In the Effects step of the Attack, both Characters may use their unblocked :2: to cause the other that amount of :4:Damage.
    Maybe you don't want to cause those wounds to Murtair sometimes...

DeadlyOcean likes this.
  8. DeadlyOcean

OH! that 3+ means 'Original' 3 :Y:of him... I read that wrong way... Thanks to explain that! I'll fix that!

9. Plebian

Something to note about the Padre is he can heal himself as a switch before the damage is dealt. That means if you add a yellow on defense he will probably be back to full before damage is done, so you need to do 3 damage to him in a single attack.

DeadlyOcean likes this.
  10. Plebian

I am unsure what you are saying.

Before the roll you do up to 3 :4: to add that many :2: to the roll. Even if later you realize you only needed 1 :2: to kill the enemy, you still have already taken 3 :4:.

EDIT: or are you saying don't damage Murtair?

11. DeadlyOcean

like laxmee's Focus state? that's cool!

Plebian likes this.
  12. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I´m saying that if you don't kill the beast whit an Attack maybe is better for you to not do a single :4:

DeadlyOcean and Plebian like this.
  13. DeadlyOcean

Mutair is more powerful than i thought. :open_mouth:

14. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

I just want to clarify that you can choose any Tactic from your opponent discard pile, but in order to play it you need to meet all the requirements, this mean that if you pick "Code:<Dive>" from your enemy, you can only play it during your own Hannibal's Activation (if you don't have Hannibal you can not play it)

Sometimes even if you can not play a tactic you just "kidnap" it, so he can not recover that tactic whit Hannibal or Wild Bill.

DeadlyOcean and -V- like this.
  15. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Kozmo looks great, especially with Gata if you want to throw her across the Dome for some last minute scoring. Combined with both of their abilities to be able to deny attacks, that could be incredibly brutal.

16. Genesis

Genesis Member

anyone have good ideas about dealing with people in smoke? i think cover yourself in smoke is a ban to some shooters like luna or bill. and most of the displace (if not all of them) skills require LOF, so how can i deal with this protection? is close combat the only answer to that?

17. DeadlyOcean

Well today I played Smoke and mirrors team in Tabletop Simulator with my pal.

In my experience, Close combat is only good solution inside or behind Smokes.

My friend used Valkyrie to track down my aristos. I blocked his LoF very very well but CC aristos don’t care about that. XD

#17 DeadlyOcean, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Genesis and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  18. Genesis

Genesis Member

ah what a shame, i was dreaming to gather a gunslinger party to shoot enemy to death :(

19. DeadlyOcean

I'm not sure CC is the only way. but in my game, that's the only way to deal with it.
    (Kozmo+Taowu+Mendoza+Mutair team VS Valkyrie+Maximus+Parvati+Taowu team)

If Kozmo VS Kozmo situation, Hiding 'inside' smoke may lethal because of "Stellar Nucleosynthesis"
    A : haha. I just hide my model inside smoke. what you gonna do?
    B : I don't know. how about 'Stellar Nucleosynthesis'?
    A : d'oh!

Gunslingers party looks powerful, and it's actually powerful. however Kozmo can counter that easily. now I realize why he is a tanker in S&M team.

Genesis likes this.
  20. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

Thinking how you'd make a Gunslinger team work:

Obviously Bill/Lunah are locked in (otherwise it's not a gunslinger team), but then...?
    The way I see it, that has kill potential for days, but three key weaknesses: Mobility (for Scoring), Durability (for not being prematurely benched), and Disruptability (vulnerability to crippling states).

Parvati helps with all three of those, so seems a rational choice for our third slot. The fact she's a decent gunner herself is icing on the cake.

The last slot should be mission dependent, though assuming all things are equal it would ideally be someone who can be a nuisance despite the presence of smoke or Dazzled.

Tao Wu adds some severe disruption of the non-lead based kind, whilst also being pretty LoS-independent, so that could be interesting.
    Massacre is just generally capable, provided you can keep him away from taunts and immobilisation, and the same follows to a lesser extent with Valkyrie (who does make a better counter-pick against 8-Ball or Hexxer).
    Musashi could work if you really need to get around the map fast, though I think i'd rather lean towards Murtair or even Gata in such a case.

Genesis and DeadlyOcean like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation