1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small change to L&S

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by deltakilo, Oct 31, 2019.

1. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

So its not secret CB have been pushing tags over the last two years. They are big stompy and awesome, why would you not want to push them?

The thing is we have clumsy missions like show of force that mandate one for maximum points, it is what it is. I personally believe that until all factions can get max points then the mission is a bad mission.

My post is actually about L&S however, Tags can use unarmed to have their attacks count as antimateriel. The issue is that -2 to Phy is so awful its barely an incentive. A very simple fix of allowing all tags CC attacks to count as Antimateriel in addition to whatever else they are using for the attack would instantly create a strong incentive to take tags without it being as mandatory or forceful as something like which exists in Show of force.

I think its a good change and would definately be a mission id take a tag to.

#1 deltakilo, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Do you mean that a Squalos' AP Pistol should become Anti-materiel as well or is this a change that's limited to basically the Tikbalang, Gorgos or Zeta? The -2 PH is inherent in the CC weapon that, f.ex. an Uhlan, is forced to use when CCing, so that doesn't go away.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think this opportunity is there as an incentive to use TAGs in this mission, but rather there to make it slightly less awkward. Instead what I think they should do with this mission is to allow placed D-Charges to damage the target and not just CC mode. As it is, some armies have a bunch of really odd units that are there only to provide a DA CCW or a high CC D-Charge to the army when nearly all armies have plenty of D-Charges on less-than-stellar-in-CC units that would make for a perfectly good and fit for use unit for this mission.

Tourniquet, Sedral and Marduck like this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Its funny as Show of Force is actually one of the worst missions for TAGs xD

(what I mean is that there are probably bigger % of CA/JSA lists with Mono CC than a PanO lists with TAGs xD for that mission)

4. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Completly agree here.

5. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

To make TAG CC any sort of an viable option in this horrid mission they'd need to gain at least free DA CCWs. Similar to how things gain free AHDLs and Stun Pistols for Hunting Party.
    It's baffling CB couldn't come up with that by themselves. CC16-18 DAM 14-16 is terrible at killing ARM8 with 3 STR.
    Costs you about a complete turn to punch the AC2 with something like an Uhlan - luck included.
    On the other hand there is stuff like Achilles who just explodes it as an afterthought in 2.

barakiel likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation