1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sixth Sense & Mines

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by scarab, May 14, 2018.

1. scarab

scarab Member

If a model with mines & Sixth Sense (any level) is targeted by an attack outside their LoF, can you place a mine as an ARO? My thinking would be no, because in the reactive turn, it says you need LoF to place a mine, and Sixth Sense doesn't give you LoF, it just "Allows the user to respond with a Face to Face Roll to Attacks (and only Attacks) directed at him by an enemy outside his LoF and regardless the facing of the user.", and placing a mine doesn't result in a Face-to-Face roll.

Is this understanding correct?

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

I think your thinking is correct.

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I don't see why not. You can respond with a Chain Rifle which isn't FtF either, so I don't see what prevents you from doing so. Could be wrong though.

4. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

I guess I wouldn't see that as "responding to the attack" more like "ignoring the attack" ? Haha...

It does seem like a bit of a grey area though, yeah.

Zewrath likes this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

There are unfortunately some grey areas where "face to face roll" is used kind of loosely to mean "skill that could produce a FtF roll, even if it doesn't in this particular instance".

So I'm not really sure if you can drop a mine or not in this situation.

Robock and inane.imp like this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Responding with a "BS Attack, <DTW>", "BS Attack, Smoke Grenade that doesn't Block LOF" or similar is contentious but broadly agreed to. This moves beyond that.

Without clarification in an FAQ I'd say 'no, you can't deploy the mine'. I think the line is - as @toadchild has it - a "skill that could produce a FtF roll, even if it doesn't in this particular instance".

toadchild likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation