1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sixth Sense L2 vs Direct template Weapons...

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has come to my attention that the firstbullet point in Sixth sense allows you Answer with a Face to face, but only against attacks out of your LOF and so on...

What would Happen if a Fireteam is caught by a template from outside their LOF?

Direct Template Weapons do not Face up, so they could merely dodge, couldn’t they?

Alternatively, could the Attack targets answer with a BS attack?

2. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

A direct template is still an attack, you can react with a FtF roll like BS attack (only the main target of the template weapon) or dodge (any of them; and also you can dodge for being a template): Dodge doesn't apply the -3 for SSL2.

EDIT: I messed up this answer mixing up the RAI and the RAW; RAW you can't (BS attack versus a template isn't FtF) but RAI you can (it gives 360 visor you can)

#2 Ogid, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think this is yet another case where Sixth Sense is not entirely correctly written and that we need to accept that for the rules in general to function as described, the verb form of "face to face roll" is often synonymous with verb form of "attack"

Arkhos94, BLOODGOD and toadchild like this.
  4. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The fact that it does not say "attack" is the reason the FAQ can work, if we treat it as "attack", the FAQ is just plain wrong.

See @ijw's explanation
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/sixth-sense-lof-and-silent.34161/page-2#post-270827

Honeslty, Sixth Sense needs a entire rewrite.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  5. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Yep, SSL2 text cannot be trusted right now. And with so many fireteams around is something important to clarify

Not always, if the rules say FtF roll, they mean just that, check the Berserker and Dodge/MA case:
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/berserk-cc-vs-dodge.34227/
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/beserk-i-khol-and-other-special-cc-skills.33660/
    That interaction wouldn't work if FtF wouln't apply very strictly

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It does indeed need a rather thorough re-write. I'm also fairly certain you can actually make this particular rule both more succinct and clearer.
    I'm very certain that Direct Template Weapons are meant to work. I don't recall the exact reasoning, but I do remember that you essentially have to ignore "face to face" and that there are more places where specifically Direct Template Weapons might not work as intended if you go full RAW on the meaning of the verb form of "face to face" (as in, "to face to face an attack" where face to face is the verb is different from "rolling a face to face roll" where it is the subject of the sentence).

BLOODGOD and toadchild like this.
  7. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

In this case I think it is because the RAI for SSL2 is basically "You are hitted, you gain 360º visor", which would let you use a DTW.
    In which other places doesn't that wording work?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation