1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sixs sence lv 2 respond to attack with no LoF

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by karolis, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karolis

karolis Member

If my troper is in zone of control and not in line of site of 5 man fireteam (lets say they are inside the building and my trooper is outside) and I want to speculate fire into the building. Can fireteam members touched by template respond ARO by shooting him back with no LoF to him because of sixts sence lv 2?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The simply answer is: no, Sixth Sense does not grant LOF.

Long answer is much more complicated, but the skill never grants the weapon you respond with the "No LOF" label, all it does it allow you to respond "even without LOF" which isn't enough to remove the definitions of Total Cover, but is unfortunately really bloody similar language which makes it confusing.

inane.imp and karolis like this.
  3. karolis

karolis Member

Thanks for clarification. I always played like that, just now faced new meta for me, there that question occurred several time.

And to be 100% sure: troopers belonging to the same fireteam in their reactive turn stil block LOF to one another. Is it correct?

And what happens with Six sense aro delaying, if after actives troopers second short skill declaration fireteam members declared different aro and at resolution fireteam are are down to three or less members and they lost six sense in all they aro as everything is happening at once?

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Troopers block LOF unless they declare a movement skill, so in reactive turn they'll block LOF to each other.

I do not believe that the rules properly cover what happens to units that delay ARO and find themselves in a Fireteam below 4 people. I think historically, a long time ago, it was explained to me that skill declarations still go through - that was before ZoC ARO measuring was FAQed, however.
    I'm inclined to say that anyone who declares ARO after delaying due to Sixth Sense and find themselves without Sixth Sense has declared an invalid ARO and would thus lose their ARO, just like if you misjudge distance of ZoC AROs.

Lesh', inane.imp and karolis like this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Agreed that if you break the fireteam by splitting AROs, anyone who used SS2 granted by fireteam bonuses forfeits their ARO.

inane.imp likes this.
  6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The key point, concerning Sixth Sense L2 is that this:
    • Allows the user to respond with a Face to Face Roll to Attacks (and only Attacks)directed at him by an enemy outside his LoF and regardless the facing of the user.
    ends up meaning:
    • Allows the user to respond with a Face to Face Roll to Attacks (and only Attacks)directed at him by an enemy as if the trooper had 360 facing.
    Because that and ignoring some visibility modifiers is what that bullet point does with the FAQ. You’re still required to have line of Fire, and total cover doesn’t stop existing. It simply doesn’t matter which way your trooper is standing (similar to what happens when you declare a move skill, but the trooper doesn’t stop blocking line of fire).

:-/

Mahtamori likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation