1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SITH Meta-Paint

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Thaddius, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Sydney Infinity Town Hall (SITH) have recently painted up some mini's to share with other metas as a way of getting to know other metas as well as growing the hobby side of the game. We did an internal painting secret Santa at the end of last year and took it to other metas this year. It's been great to see what everyone brings and has been a blast been part of such a great group/meta.

Here are some of the minis. Shout of to the SITH meta for making such a cool group of minis possible!!!

New Zealand
    IMG_20190323_152823.png
    Tasmania
    IMG_20190323_153017.png

Oni, SirGrumpyPants, Daimeow and 8 others like this.
  2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance, but, what is a meta ?

3. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

I guess meta in a gaming context refers to the area/group you play with. It includes the social context of the group of people who you play with though will also have practical implications about how the game is played as well eg rules interpretation, terrain, gaming etiquette.

jherazob likes this.
  4. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so this is Macho man ??

Thaddius and jherazob like this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I usually mean it in a rules-interpretations-and-army-building-habits sense, and it seems to be more important in the sense of army building habits.

For example, I don't see any linked Grunt HFTs, my local Ariadna player prefers to Inferior Infiltrate Grunt HFTs and link Grunt Snipers.

Thaddius and jherazob like this.
  6. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation.
    So far the only use I known (gaming related) is short for meta-game so it seems to be kind of close to it but in a more local sense.

The thing is that in French, meta alone is not a word but a prefix so I was a bit lost here :sweat_smile:

Nice Randy Savage BTW.

Thaddius likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation