Silliness I took to tourney and won

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Nemo No Name, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

First, a disclaimer: this tournament was not a regular ITS tournament, as it featured both custom missions and custom overall extra (collectable XP for a special trooper).

That said, it was a fun little tourney; less people than usual thanks to summertime vacations but we had a lot of fun.

When I was building my lists, my first thought was: I just finished painting Dakini HMG, Sniper, and paramedic and I wanna show off all my Dakinis [0]. That meant: 3 normal, one paramedic, one HMG, one Sniper, and an old HMG. Pack in a Deva or two for old times sake, and of course two new Garudas I have[1] and a bunch of support and see what we can do.
    Double Dummy Detachment
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8
    DEVA (Lieutenant, Triangulated Fire, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    DEVA (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    DAKINI Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 21)
    DAKINI MULTI Sniper Rifle / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 20)
    DAKINI Combi Rifle, Grenade Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 17)
    DAKINI (Paramedic) Combi Rifle ( | MediKit) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 15)
    DAKINI Combi Rifle / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 13)
    DAKINI Combi Rifle / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 13)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7
    PROXY Mk.1 (Engineer, Deactivator) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    PROXY Mk.2 (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 25)
    YUDBOT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    GARUDA Spitfire / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 25)
    GARUDA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 20)
    APSARA (RemDriver [CC=15, BS=13, WIP=14]) Submachine Gun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    APSARA (RemDriver [CC=15, BS=13, WIP=14]) Submachine Gun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    PROBOT (Hacker, EVO Hacking Device) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 15)
    NETROD . (0 | 6)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army
    I missed on one Dakini, but it was a fun list with some potential.

Now that I did that, I was stuck. What do I do next??? After some chatting with a friend, I had a revelation. I'm a big TAG enjoyer. The more the better.
    And you know what's definitely not expected??? Two Maruts. What's the point of that? Why would you even have two Maruts? Except CB released a new sculpt and now I did have two Maruts...
    I build a halfway decent list and I was seriously thinking of taking it, but something was nagging on me. Was this silly enough? And then I felt the inspiration.
    [​IMG]

And so I present to you the ridiculousness that has 8 regular, 2 TA irregular, and 2 Lt orders:

Armoured Assault Detachment
    [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2
    ASURA (Lieutenant [+1 Order], Hacker], Hacking Device Plus [UPGRADE: Trinity (+2 Damage)]) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser ( ) / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 69)
    MARUT MULTI Heavy Machine Gun, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 95)
    [​IMG] KARKATA Flash Pulse / CC Weapon. (0 | 0)
    MARUT MULTI Heavy Machine Gun, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 95)
    PROBOT (Hacker, EVO Hacking Device) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 15)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    NETROD . (0 | 6)
    NETROD . (0 | 6)
    3.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Asura Lt + 2 Maruts. I did it. No Engineer. But it has Hacking defences, and plenty of orders to get stuff done.

Not to mention 2 MSV2s and a MSV3 without any Smoke.

I managed to get a high scoring draw and a major win with this list, which when paired with another major win by the other list got me the top spot.

Honestly, the look on my opponent's face when I deployed my 2 reserve units (using command token) was sooo worth it. :D He expected one. He got double :D

[0] All decently painted ones. I have 4 more old school Dakinis but horrible paintjobs from 10 years ago so they can stay home).
    [1] I also have an old Garuda but it's standing leg is broken so unusuable.

#1 Nemo No Name, Aug 10, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  2. Nemo No Name

Edit: Now with nicely formatted army lists instead of boring old codes. :D

3. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Congratulations! Glad they performed for you.

I wasn't quite as bold, but took an Asura + single Marut as one of my lists to a tourney back in May. I had a lot of fun with it, but went 1-1, due to my karkata being unable to press a console in Mindwipe in 3 attempts, leaving me per the rules unable destroy a server despite him having 258 points on the board to my opponents 37 points surviving.

...when all you have is a hammer...

[​IMG]8 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    PROXY Mk.1 (Engineer, Deactivator) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    PROXY Mk.2 (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 25)
    ASURA (Lieutenant [+1 Order], Hacker], Hacking Device Plus [UPGRADE: Trinity (+2 Damage)]) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser ( ) / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 69)
    TRISHA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges, E/M Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    SAMEKH Rebot Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    MOTORIZED BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Chain-colt(+1B) / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 9)
    MOTORIZED BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Chain-colt(+1B) / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 9)
    SHUKRA (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Nemo No Name likes this.
  4. Nemo No Name

Nice! I do Asura + Marut fairly often, usually with Marut LT for that sweet Strategos.

Trisha is an interesting pick, how come?

5. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

As a wildcard, she can join the MBH in a Haris to give me better ARO if I go second, and then has the speed to be dragged along when I move the MBH up the board, before they drop her in midfield to press buttons while the MBH do their attack runs. She was also another source of Dcharges for mindwipe (though she died to a parachutist that game, and so did nothing).

6. Nemo No Name

Ah, got it

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation