1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shasvastii @ 400pts Event

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Bruno Braga, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

I'll be playing a 400pt event soon, and I think I've finally settled on a list that I'm quite happy with. It'll be my first time trying out some Guided Missile Launcher shenanigans alongside a Gwailos Haris with Sheskiin and Victor. Should prove to be quite fun!

Phatfinity - List 4
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    SHESKIIN (Lieutenant) Red Fury, Pulzar, D-Charges / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1 | 54)
    GWAILO (Multispectral Visor L2) Heavy Rocket Launcher ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 43)
    VICTOR MESSER (Hacker, Hacking Device Plus) MULTI Rifle, Cybermines, Nanopulser(+1B), D-Charges ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 33)
    MALIGNOS (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Shock Mines ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 39)
    SPECULO KILLER (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades, Shock Mines / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (1.5 | 34)
    CALIBAN (Chain of Command) Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit, MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    SLAVE DRONE PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    SLAVE DRONE PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    SHROUDED (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Shock Mines ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    SPECULO KILLER (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades, Shock Mines / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (1.5 | 34)
    SHROUDED (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Shock Mines ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    T-DRONE FTO Missile Launcher, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 19)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 9)
    TAIGHA Chain-colt / DA CC Weapon. (0 | 6)
    TAIGHA Chain-colt / DA CC Weapon. (0 | 6)

8 SWC | 400 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Looks pretty neat. I think Shas might be in a tough spot @ 400 as I feel they get the lion's share of their strength already @ 300.

Not really sure what the purpose of this post is? To discuss shas at 400? To get C&C on the list?

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

We have Shas in our area, they're one of the factions that doesn't get worse but they don't benefit nearly as much as those who are considerably weaker than them do by moving up to 400. They're still extremely strong but the playing field is more even compared to 300.

It does make building around the Sphinx considerably easier though.

I will say this though from my observations from local players, Speculo killers tend to get cut from lists at 400 alot, I can't guarantee that's the correct choice in all circumstances but it's a common trend I notice. 400 places more value on pieces that sustain effect over 3 turns than alpha strike and Speculos for maximum effect want a player to go first and have an opponent with a specific list composition to get effect an alpha off (like not 10 camo markers and a bunch of warbands). It is considerably harder to get as much value out of them if an army has 8 combat effective 2W models, they can trade for 1 and then probably die to a DTW in the process.

#3 Triumph, Apr 15, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  4. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

That sounds about how I'd expect. The only really major thing I feel they'd get is more Noctifiers - and bigger point values will encourage good Noctifier targets, and 6pt Taighas are less of a steal as the value of slots goes up

God 400 sounds like it really improves some elements of the game that I find a bit shite at 300, really need to give it a go.

5. Triumph

Malignos show up more too and their points premium is easier to manage, TBH the Malignos with shotguns popping out in the middle of a link team to spray them down tend to cause more problems than the Noctifiers because it's much harder to judge where the fuckers are going to be.

6. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

upload_2022-4-16_17-16-33.png

Might as well have an attempt at 400 Shas.

There is a little bit of the Ariadna problem here - in that it can be possible to take everything you want and still have points. Third hacker might be better as a KHD but not certain. Sheskin has a single Nox for scoring and to try and patch her up, will likely abandon it in the midfield someplace to use the LT order.

The army really ate the shit out of it's SWC. I would have loved a Caliban Spitfire or even a Noctifier Spitfire.

7. Triumph

I mean you can pretty easily get that you just swap one of the Malignos to the KHD profile and then the Speculo swaps to a Caliban Spitfire.

8. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

Yeah it was meant to be as a discussion of Shaz at 400 points.

I do defos agree that it's got a weird problem where it's kind of hard to find enough units to fit in 400pts. I was playing around with a Speculo + Noctifer list, however I think that with everyone most likely bringing high Armor units, a second speculo is gonna do wonders at locking down or downright killing a TAG or HI before it gets to do much. Also double minelayers right outside the enemy DZ is really gonna make any ARO piece quite sad.

Also I didn't include it in the original post, but the missions include Countermeasures, Decapitation and Quadrant Control, so that definitely influenced the unit selections.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation