1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shang Ji Reculpts?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by stargorger, Nov 25, 2018.

1. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

Any ideas if we will be getting resculpted Shang Ji for IA? Besides the Shaolin and Bao, they are still old (and ugly imo) sculpts. At the least they don't seem in line with the current HI scale.

Seems likely to me with the upcoming IA release but what do others think? Any hints as to this happening? :)

2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I have no concrete evidence as to whether or not that will or will not happen... buuuuuuuuuut... seeing as they are one of the premier Wildcards in IA, alongside the Hai Daos... I'd at least expect a Shang Ji in the IA starter that should eventually become a thing hopefully maybe perhaps.

That, or if the IA starter won't double as the Zuyong SWC box and we'll get our extra Zuyong in a separate box... prolly gonna be a Shang Ji in the box alongside them then ( Similar to the new trend with some of the SWC boxes no longer being mono-unit, like the Keisotsu box having a Kempeitai or the Securitate holding a Grenzer. ).

Or just one of those ''Here's a box. Here are two models inside the box. Enjoy.'' kind of kits will surface eventually.

I don't expect any new kits until January though at best, in all honesty.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Zuyong already have an HMG and a Multi Rifle sculpt released.

I'm going to make a guess that the IA starter will have; 3x Zuyong Combi, 1x Zhencha BSG*, 1x Haidao Sniper*, 1x Shang-Ji Combi+Flamethrower

That said, while a Shang-Ji box of Spitfire, Medikit/Combi, Hacker-hand/Combi, and Heavy Rocket Launcher would be most welcome. I don't see myself using the Spitfire or HRL in too many lists - the Paramedic and Hacker would make excellent TinBot models and end up being used quite a bit.

* While picked semi-random, starters tend to contain a few models that are less optimal for what the community will end up wanting.

4. Maksimas

I'd suspect them to throw an ML Zuyong into that box somehow instead of a combi one.
    Maybe a BSG Zuyong if we're lucky as well.

I mean, this is assuming we'll get a starter like Varuna did and instead of ''Here are three combis of a regular troop'' we'll get ''Here's the SWC box for your regular troop as well.''

mittenninja likes this.
  5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I think thevaruna one was based more around the fact that kamau are wildcard so are meant to be slotted into other teams. Why take a more expensive goon when you can take a fusilier to stand around providing the bonus.

6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure we are getting a Liu Xing in the starter

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'm expecting Liu Xing, Mowang or Yan Huo MHMG, 3x Zuyong combis, and probably the Zhencha BSG in the starter.

If we're lucky one of those Zuyong combis will get replaced by a Shang Ji.

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is no Zencha in the starter pack, and it'll be a 2 pack blister as One BS+Hacker and one SMG covers all 3 Zencha profiles for SKU purposes.

I think it'll feature a Liu Xing of some type, then a 2 pack blister will cover the other profiles.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That could also work.

10. Triumph

If we're lucky and CB are on the ball they'll mix a BS into the Zuyongs rather than 3 Combirifles and we won't wind up with the stupidity that is Celestial Guards where their most common filler profile does not have a model and we get a stupid spitfire nobody wants for some reason.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

All I know is that the one I really want will be a year away or never come out. Looking at you Zhanying HMG, Kanren with Madtraps,

Section9 and Maksimas like this.
  12. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Shang Ji resculpts would probably get me to spend money on CB, against my own protestations. They're what hooked me in to You Jing in the first place.

13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

The weird thing is that IIRC the Original Kanren along with the dossier were all depicted with Mad Traps... Which for some reason ended up going to the Spec Ops guys... O_o

14. Space Ranger

I don't remember if Madtrap profile was the only one but Kanren was the first troop to show it when they first gave a preview of the stats.

15. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we got an Army Pack like the JSA one for Invincible Army.

16. Space Ranger

Of course they will. They do it because they know I can't afford it! It's a conspiracy I tell you! No one wants me playing IA! Everyone got together to make sure I can't have nice things!

Kallas likes this.
  17. Triumph

I would. JSA had an absolute tonne of resculpts with most of the army being dated and in need of it. IA on the other hand very much up to date, with the support pack out we're only looking at Shang Ji needing to be brought up to speed.

18. chaos11

Well, and a load of new units to come, and more sculpts for the main troop needed.

Kallas likes this.
  19. Maksimas

So there's technically enough new stuff needed for an Army Box to be a feasible shot in the dark.

20. chaos11

I'm not saying its definitely gonna happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation