1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seriously? More modes?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by SushiYumYumz, Mar 19, 2019.

1. SushiYumYumz

SushiYumYumz Member

did we really need 6 new scoring zones and 4 more game modes? Is this going to keep happening? a more complex game makes LESS people want to play, it makes it harder to practice, and ads even MORE confusion to the game. People are having enough difficulty learning the first set of modes.

The fact that all of these modes are available for AGL is ridiculous. I believe AGL should have a maximum of 6 or so game modes that are allowed to be selected for that season. That allows for practice and for repeating team comps that can advance the technique of each player.

Being in a tournament and going "oh thats how that works" is a sad sad thing. People I played with are really losing interest because of the over complexity of this game. I have been a huge fan, I own 2 base games, upgraded pieces and 2 of all but one expansion. but these new modes and scoring zones are a real dud for me, im now losing excitement for upcoming tournaments because theres a new set of what feels like made up rules i may be forced to play. I want to practice the game and learn techniques and tactics for each game mode, not have to learn as I go.

new maps or hexadomes would be a WAY BETTER solution than the added scenarios. You didnt need to add zigarots, you needed to make a new smaller board with different shape deployment zones, a long skinny board for capture the flag, with a deployment edge or something.

Im 99% confident that the excess game modes will be the fall of this game. That is my prediction.

From a massive mega fan of Aristeia, please slow down.

Some of you may like them, some of you may not, but we can all agree it is adding more unnecessary complexity to the game

Pierzasty likes this.
  2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I think you are being a bit unfair here, most of the new scenarios are basically the old scenarios with new scoring zones, which is exactly what you were suggesting: new maps and zones in different shapes. Witch Land is a toned down Assault, Frenzied Dance is Conquest without the central zone, Broken Land is a moving King of the Hill, and Gates of Fire is Scorched Earth.
    The difference is that, with a new focus on the Ziggurats instead of the hexazones, the maps have to be re-learn. It's like playing a slightly modified version of de_dust, which makes it a new map entirely, it's de_dust2.

3. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

To add to what @treiral said they have already stated that there's already a new hexadome in the works.

Be excited!

4. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Isn't adding a new dome also just adding complexity? You don't have to play the reverse side missions if you don't want to.

5. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

To slow down the complexity you could also play just the Core characters which are more than viable in this game. And just play the first scenarios as well for while.

I am honest, I love the new scenarios and can't wait to see what CB will release later this year. I still have to learn, play every character at least once etc. But: I like the pace and the variety of the game.

And it is not always about winning, but having a good time.

Remember when (if you play the game) you learned Infinity. How long did it took you to not be suprised about certain rules... for me it took about 50 matches till I think I knew most of the game. The Aristeia basics can be learned in 2-5 matches though.

krotos, Flipswitch, Croepoek and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation