1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 10 Moiras

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by PirateCaptain, Sep 3, 2018.

1. PirateCaptain

PirateCaptain Member

So, Bravery and Moira Links. Yay or meh?

perseus likes this.
  2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Definitely yay. I already liked them, now even more. But the Holy Trinity haris is now even better! Starting in Spitfire range, hell yes.

xagroth likes this.
  3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Kusanagi has a spitfire profile. I'd say yay.

4. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Yea to Moiras, I was running them anyway. E/M LGL just got a whole lot sweeter.

xagroth likes this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

As Elite Troops they also have two new classifieds they have access to, as well as the hacker having a new one and an easier time doing an old one now that the -3 WIP is removed.

6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Haris / small core Yay. Defensive core probably nay, but it'll depend on table layout: Moiras still need stand off distance

TBH I'd prefer the 2pt discount on them.

radka likes this.
  7. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Big Yay for any Link with Spitfire Kusanagi and the E/M LGL. And still a Yay for Links with just the normal stuff since now the Sniper can be deployed a bit more freely - that nun now acts almost like Le Muet (without his general awesomeness).

8. Punkow

Punkow Active Member

Meh...
    Moiras suck because of their high vulnerability to templates. Putting them even closer to the enemy will simply exacerbate this issue.

theradrussian likes this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Isn't that true for most MI troops? Aleph ones being an exception...

Bohrdog likes this.
  10. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Not just MI troops but just about everything in the game.

Benkei likes this.
  11. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

I put this together late last night when I saw the new rules. Start the whole game outside your DZ

[​IMG] ITS 10
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SIN-EATER Mk12 / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] KUSANAGI Lieutenant Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND HEALER Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] PROWLER Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 31)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yeah, but a link in Forward Deployment 1 is just inside the lovely embrace of Impersonators and enemy troops that can afford to try something like Infiltration rolls, meaning the Oniwaban, the Daylami... And all of them have access to shotgun templates and/or mines.

13. Punkow

Punkow Active Member

Yeah, but not many MIs are played in links and are as expensive as Moiras. Thorakitai, wildcats, grunts, marauders etc... they are all much cheaper than moiras . Moiras are one-trick ponies based on their ODD, a trick countered by a LOT of stuff.

Still, in Bakunin, the morlock gruppe sinergizes well with Moiras, providing them a much needed shield against pesky flamer bots etc... But that won't work (or, at least, will be less efficient) if you deploy them in front of said morlocks...

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Mk12 toting Sin Eater Observants with Advanced Deployment N1...

That being said, you only fear direct templates, since they can FtF with 2 shots at 12+3... and including a reverend healer with BSG means that one fires at 13+6. So really, Chasseurs, melee assassins inside smoke, suicidal Oniwabans, mine-planting Fiday...

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Show me a template you can get to my Wildcats I'm not happy to LFT back, you can't.

inane.imp likes this.
  16. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Or BSG back on 22s. :grin:

Wildcats really work with FD1. So do a lot of MI. Moiras it'll depend on table layout: if the FD1 allows you to exploit some dead ground to keep templates away it'll be invaluable, but if it doesn't then you're probably deploying well back anyway.

Personally, I think Bravery is a mess.

We'd be better off with a 1pt discount to MI across the board and and then adding FD1 back onto particular units. Ie for Wildcats -1 CC, +FD1 and for Moiras -1pt on all profiles.

CC costs in the 14-16 band also need to be looked at.

BUT that's outside the scope of ITS. As a band-aid to shake up the meta it's interesting. But it in no way aids all MI equally.

loricus and Robock like this.
  17. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

the biggest issue with the moira's is that a moira core link with kusanagi costs the same if not more than a full riot grrl core making them mostly irrelevant.

18. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It's not like Fatality on TAGs that fits so well and evenly that it could easily be permanent. But I think it's fine for a season. The main problem is that there are guys that needed the help that aren't getting it from this. But it's a nice clean way to observe some changes in MI that can be done temporarily until they can give more individual attention.

inane.imp likes this.
  19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Daylami light shotgun infiltration... Surprise shot!
    Chasseur flamethrower
    Grunt flamethrower
    .... XD

Now, Fiday OR Speculo using a Shotgun (either a light one or the BSG) after placing a mine...
    And let's not forget AD troops, the Speculo can drop the smoke and then Ko Dali can get down to say hi with her guns... or at melee to eat and grow.

20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Every one is worth flaming back. It's usually a waste of resources. I pray people use up their pricey drops and token state impersonators or TO.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation