1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite win with Tohaa

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Ignovus, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Ignovus

Ignovus Logistics Division
    Warcor

Hey guys - doing my part to keep Tohaa in the spotlight, so to speak. Got a bit lucky and won Ragnarök (Vancouver, BC Satellite) with Tohaa over the weekend. I'm still fairly new with the faction - going into the tournament I had ~10 games played with them. I've been playing since N3 launch though, so not a newbie by any means.

Anyway - mission lineup was Power Pack, Biotechvore, Frontline, Hunting Party, and Ragnarök (custom mission). Opponents played (in order) Tohaa, Ramah, TAK, Dashat, Dashat. Majored every round except round 4 (which I almost lost, got really lucky with a Phys roll vs. Adhesive at the bottom of 3). I was somewhat lazy and only brought one list. Here it is for the curious:

Ragnarök
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
    SAKIEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)
    KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    SUKEUL Lieutenant (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    KRIIGEL Submachine Gun, Phero-Booster / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    TAAGMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    KAAURI Sentinel Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulsers, Nullifier / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 12)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    SUKEUL HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Taagma just holo'd as a Makaul.

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Very nice. Well done :)

Ignovus likes this.
  3. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

KUDOS !!

Long live angry space artichokes !!

Cothel likes this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Bonus points for using a Sakiel :p

D_D and Cothel like this.
  5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Is your list organized with FT (trooper 1 to 3 are FT 1, trooper 4 to 6 are FT2 and so on...) or do you reorganize them depending on the mission/opponent ?

How did you use the different FT ?

6. Ignovus

Warcor

It's organized that way as the default. I shuffle things around generally based on mission/terrain. Sakiel goes with whichever alpha unit I'm going to push forward with, either the Draal or the Sukeul ML. The Kriigel goes wherever I need to protect something (firelane and/or unit) with her superjammer. Taagma stays back in defense where her presence as a Makaul won't get challenged generally.

Fireteam use is pretty standard I believe, with the wrinkle that if I have a fairly clear lane up one side I'll use the ML triad to push into the bad guy's DZ and wreak havoc cross board. The HMG link is mostly a distraction/smoke thrower and only really engages targets of opportunity. Opponents will often go out of their way to take it down.

borings and ev0k like this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Congrats! I wasn't able to make it out to that one, but I'm glad you had fun and did well.

Ignovus likes this.
  8. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

Great to see Artichokes out there doing their thing!

How did/do you handle going second with the list? I have difficulty getting 2nd turn Tohaa to not lose a lot of pieces or ground. Getting everything deployed in a useful spot is not easy.

I can see the ML being on a longer firelane for ARO, the Liberto covering a lane; are any other pieces covering lanes, or are they in safety to make use of the templates (makauls/kaauri) or shotguns of the Kaeltars should they come around corners?

siri likes this.
  9. Ignovus

Warcor

Usually the Draal will cover a medium lane reinforced by his mine (with Mate+Bomb). HMG covers a medium lane if I can find something they're going to have to spend orders to get to (bait), and the ML covers a longer lane (with Mate). I consider it a big win if I can get the bad guys to waste orders to just strip a Mate and let me duck back into cover. Generally nothing will go near the Kriigel, Makauls, or anything with a Bomb, so the DZ is decently safe.

SN0flux likes this.
  10. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

Congratz and nice list, I'm really surprised by your strategy with the Sukeul HMG and ML I would do the exact opposite ^^ ML in active play is very risky any hidden deployment can challenge it in ARO and thing like helot can ruin your day

11. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

What was the "Ragnarok" mission?

Balewolf likes this.
  12. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Sounds like you find the updated mates good enough for this to still be viable?

13. Ignovus

Warcor

I never played with the old mate (and only against it a few times), so yeah. Once in a while a shot sneaks through and makes you sad, or it gets stripped by something silly. Coming from a Vanilla Nomads background though, anything with a mate is a ridiculously hard target. The whole faction is way more resilient than I'm used to.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  14. Ignovus

Warcor

Basically: Data Trackers hunt each other and try to stay alive, Liaison Officer hunts Designated Target. If you look up the Ragnarok 2019 event on Facebook the mission file is there.

15. Ignovus

Warcor

You're not wrong, but it's a lot of fun to put a ML in the enemy DZ, hopefully engage something across the map with poor facing, a shorter ranged weapon, or some juicy splash targets, and then just leave it there and dare them to deal with it. The light shotgun makes engaging it up close risky as well.

In any case, I probably should have taken a list 2 with the HMG in the main group and the ML playing ARO duty.

16. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Interesting. I know personally I look at them and they just feel off to me now. I suppose I see too many ways to provoke the bomb off or try and grind the unit down with minimal additional investment. But good to know I should really test and reassess more.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation