1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules questions

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Gwaernydd, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Gwaernydd

Gwaernydd Well-Known Member

Hello!
    some situations that came up in today´s game, i could not find them via googling forum threads and such, so here they are:
    i saw some debates, but no real resolution, how is it exactly with null state dudes and engaged state. the rules say engaged "can be cancelled" if all adversaries in null, but that requires something to cancel them from my part, doesnt it? ergo in the opponents turn, if i manage to cc his guy to unconsciousness via aro, but then he shoots me from somewhere else, does it mean i cant see the attack, whereas he shoots with a -6 until i dodge/guts out of btb?

the other is rather wanky but didnt find a clear answer as well. so again, CC, 1-1 guys still fighting from both sides, plus one enemy unconscious in btb. Given that the answer to the situation above would not resolve this, it goes on like follows: opponents wants to shoot a medikit from outside to revive fallen dude. i dont see anything preventing him from doing that. normally if he misses into the CC modifier he would hit a friendly living guy, it wouldnt matter, cuz medikit doesnt affect live troops, but what if the other guy he "risks" hitting is in NWI? and what about missing, he cant actually hit enemy models with it (and kill them if in NWI..), or can he?
    Thank you in advance!

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

So the FAQ that we got to clarify this (the engaged with unconscious) was somewhat less than clear. I find it is easiest to just go with "if your opponents are unconscious then declare that you are no longer in the engaged state" just so everyone is on the same page. The FAQ means that you may or may not be able to CHOOSE to be engaged (depending on your interpretation of the wording), but the only time I can think of you would want to remain in the engaged state is to perform a Coup de Grace on your next declaration.

As far as NWI goes, if you're NWI instead of Unconscious than you're still Engaged. Nothing to question about that, you're still active and fighting.

chromedog and Gwaernydd like this.
  3. Gwaernydd

thank you @macfergusson , that sounds like a good way to interpret and implement it :)

maybe i didnt succeed in explaining the second one well, i think you misunderstood, the question is about hitting a friendly guy in CC unintentionally with a medikit , who is in NWI. can i kill/heal my own guy in NWI, who i didnt want to hit with a medikit if i miss the intended target?
    (edit, whatever, if we go with unconscious cancelling the engaged state, then in 99,9% of the cases this wont matter) :)

4. zavros

zavros Well-Known Member

You can stay engaged to give your opponent -6 for shooting into melee, very useful for models like ninjas if you run out of orders to get them to safety.

For firing your medkit into melee, the only troop it can affect is unconscious friendly troopers, if it hits your opponent's NWI model it will do nothing, but if it hits your troop who is in an unconscious state they make the roll.

If it ends up hitting your own NWI model, then they make the check.
    • The No Wound Incapacitation state may also be cancelled by healing the affected trooper (using Special Skills or Equipment such as Doctor, AutoMediKit, MediKit, Regeneration...), making it recover at least one point of its Wounds Attribute and returning it to the Normal state.

DukeofEarl and Gwaernydd like this.
  5. Gwaernydd

I understand, thank you @zavros

6. macfergusson

Well to be quite honest we simply don't have any rules for shooting at a friendly target in CC. It's not defined anywhere. We have rules for a BS Attack against an Enemy in CC, but Medikit BS roll is explicitly not an attack. You COULD apply the rules of BS Attack into CC for this, but that's more of an interpretation and extrapolation than an official "this is how it works" type of situation.

7. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Note, medkit is functional on a model in nwi.

• The No Wound Incapacitation state may also be cancelled by healing the affected trooper (using Special Skills or Equipment such as Doctor, AutoMediKit, MediKit, Regeneration...), making it recover at least one point of its Wounds Attribute and returning it to the Normal state.

Wolf likes this.
  8. Gwaernydd

Uh Oh, and one more thing, can i get cover on a ladder? i dont mean the prone on the ladder shenanigan, but real cover, if i stand on the second to last step and "lean" against the wall the ladder is on?

9. macfergusson

Yup, sure is!

If you are moving up a ladder, or using the Climb skill, your base should be vertical and flat against the surface of the wall. You can't gain cover while Climbing. You can't do the "lean" positioning you're referring to, your base has to be "fully supported" (ignore gravity here ;) ) by the surface it is placed on.

Gwaernydd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation