1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP: Halqas

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

So I was just looking over haqq vanilla and one of my favorite under appreciated units are gone. The Halqas don't appear to be a thing any more. Considering they were basically Ghulam's with Mech Deployment, and mech deployment is gone. I guess it makes sense to remove them. I used to love them as Fiday chearleaders.

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I believe we might see their comeback once the rumored Khanate sectorial drops. They seemed to be an important part of Gabqar.

They suffer from the same problem as MRRF did, IMO - as CB said a few years ago, under (then) current N3 rules, they weren't able to do a "Rapid Reaction Force" proper justice.

Note that the rules in N4 keep provisions for vehicle rules in the future - something that never really happened, yet kept being a possibility.
    Luzige APC, anyone? ;)

3. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Don't write them off yet. There are other units that aren't associated with a current sectorial on there yet (Djanbazans, Sekbans), so maybe they'll be on there later

Errhile and chromedog like this.
  4. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I knew the djzanbzan was missing, I didn't see the missing sekban. I can see how they are on hold until QK is released. But considering the Halqas were never in QK I'm assuming they are gone. If they are added to QK I won't complain. I've kept all my QK models and like the faction and the halqas.

Errhile likes this.
  5. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

I would expect the Halqa to return as a FD+8" Ghulam profile or as a significantly revamped unit, as Mechanized Deployment is gone.

sololobo likes this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Agreed. Look at Yara. She has special skills added just for HB.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation