1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Assistant and MODs

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Mruczyslaw, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

WIKI: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Remote_Assistant
    Problem:
    • This +1 WIP bonus is not stackable with other bonuses or WIP MODs provided by other rules, Special Skills, Equipment, or Hacking Programs, except for those who specifically state otherwise.
    Only problem is with Spec-Ops enginer/hacker with +1 WIP.

Two questions:
    1. As bonus from Remote Assistant is not stackable, does he becomes immune to negative MODs from Surprise Attack/Hacking programs?
    2. BUT when we can turn it off to get +3 WIP bonus from scenarios/own hacking programs? (because skill is optional?)

Suggestion: Change wording "non-stackable" to "this bonus cannot be added to any other bonuses".

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The Specops would, indeed, not be affected RAW, but he would still be a WP13-14 engineer (and medic and/or hacker), since Specops are "other rules".

About the +3WP from bonuses to engineers on certain ITS objectives, again, it would not stack, and since the Remote Assistant is Optional, you would get (model's original WP)+3.

Finally, your question about "inmunne to negative mods", please re-read the effect: the stackable nature of the bonus is limited to other bonuses, meaning negative mods would work as normal.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Spec-Ops Attribute changes are not MODs, they change the actual troop profile.

chromedog and Robock like this.
  4. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Yes, I was not clear enough.
    Spec Ops is hacker/enginer with Tech Bee in same list.
    In our example his base Wip is 15+1 from Remote Assistant.

Now:
    1a. He uses spotlight hacking program, imposing -3 wip mod. Or he is attacked by another hacker with even bigger penalty. Would it be applied, as he decides to use +1 MOD from Remote Assistant? Rule saids that it wont stack with other MODs, so...? Does he becomes immune to negative MODs while he is using remote assistant bonus?
    1b. Remote Assistant bonus is totaaly canceled while negative MODs are in play, so using spotlight he gets 15-3 WIP and succeeds on 12? (as they wont stack with any other MODs?)
    2. He decides to use +3 bonus from scenario/hacking program. As Remote Assistant is optional skill, he waives it. He succeeds with 15+3. Is it legal?

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

As I said before, Remote assistant does not stack with other BONUSES. A negative modifier stacks legally.
    Also, Specops are OTHER RULES, thus if you improve the WP of the Specops you are using other rules that DO NOT specify they stack, so no stacking there.
    Finally, Optional means you can decline to use this, so it is perfectly legal to not get the Tech Bee's bonus to use the +3 for being an engineer or whatever.

6. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

• This +1 WIP bonus is not stackable with other bonuses or WIP MODs provided by other rules, Special Skills, Equipment, or Hacking Programs, except for those who specifically state otherwise.
    Penalty is definetly WIP MOD. Like penalty from another hacking program or from spotlight. Or surprise attack. Or enemy repeater.
    Thats why I put link to wiki and this line in my 1st post.

I would also want to add, that I have no problem with increasing spec ops WIP while building him in list.
    It is very clear that boosting his WIP to 15 will stack with techbee bonus.

xagroth likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

OK, I stand corrected in that regard, however the mention of Bonuses before that I think implies only in the positive sense, else it would be totally irrelevant.

8. ijw

Again, a Spec-Ops with increased WIP is a trooper with that WIP. In game terms it's not a MOD or bonus or anything else, it's a trooper with the given WIP.

chromedog likes this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'm not going the "modified attribute" route with that, but the "rules package" of Specops: since specops are a "ruleset" (campaign, and/or tournament extra), they fall on the "other rules that do not specify they stack" part of the statement, meaning a Specops would never benefit from the Tech Bee, even if it's an engineer + mimetism + medic +1CD+boarding shtogun (a Sophotect or the Nomad+Hacker Zoe would get the bonus if they were to be aligned with a Tech Bee, however).

10. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Topic was never about increasing spec ops WIP and adding tech bee bonus.
    Problem is what happens later in game.

Hm, I have example without spec ops:
    We have Machinist and techbee in same list. (WIP 12 + 1 from Remote Assistant rule)

Enemy hacker leaves camo and tries to use spotlight against our Machinist.
    a). Machinist can reset wih 13 WIP, as he uses Remote Assistant bonus, that doesnt stacks with any other MODs, so he basicaly ignores surprise penalty from enemy hacker.
    b). Machinist can reset with 9 WIP, as he gets -3 penalty from surprise and he cant use Remote Assistant Bonus, as it wont stack.

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say he goes with 12+1-3, as I think the intention in the rule is that you can't stack bonuses, but not negate maluses.

12. ijw

For the third time, it's not 'other bonuses or WIP MODs', it's a trooper with a WIP value. The profile you see in Army for the Spec-Ops is the trooper's profile, period.

It's this one, unfortunately I can't remember where it was clarified. :(

chromedog and Mruczyslaw like this.
  13. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Thank You! Can we put it in some visible place?
    With explanation 'why' ?

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Mechanically the "why" is clear. The TechBee bonus is optional and non-stacking, nearly all other MODs are mandatory and would thus take precedence.

Mruczyslaw likes this.
  15. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Ok, I get it. Thanks :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation