1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religous + Courage N4

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Cdp1492, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Cdp1492

Cdp1492 Well-Known Member

So this came up in a recent game playing MO where a hospitaller wanted to fail guts and drop prone after being shot. He had courage from joan so i assumed he could do so but after the game I was looking through the n4 pdf and found that courage has changed to pass any guts roll rather than choose the outcome in n3. Religous states you pass guts checks and must roll to fail. What do the rest of you think does this still let you choose or do we need to roll?

Attached Files:

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

RAW - I'd say that Religious and Courage don't interact anymore. Courage allows trooper to automatically pass Guts Rolls; Religious troopers automatically pass Guts, and must pass a WIP roll - which isn't described as a Guts Roll - to fall back. The fact that there's almost no troopers with both Religious and Courage - I've found only Varangians, Rasyats, and Taryots - suggests that this was intentional.

#2 Stiopa, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

The Maghariba also has Religious + Courage.

If they don't interact, what is the point of having Religious + Courage on the same model? You could delete the Courage skill from the profile to reduce text space and as far as I can tell the model would function identically. (And TBF it mostly works the other way, too; if they do interact, Religious is just a skill that reads 'During retreat, this model cannot voluntarily abandon the battlefield'.)

toadchild likes this.
  4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Doing a search of the PDF...
    • Courage has a side effect, being immune to the effects of Stun ammunition (rule in the Stun ammo rules)
    • Three different skills are immune to the effects of Retreat: Courage, Religious, Veteran. But they each differ by how the generated orders end up. At least according to the reference chart on page 176.
    It's three overlapping skills, even after the N4 skill reorg.

Savnock and SpectralOwl like this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's not supposed to.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  6. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Only to autofailing the Guts roll, unless I'm missing something

7. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Please tell me it's supposed to just be courage. :P

Savnock likes this.
  8. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

Maghariba Guard still has Courage and Religious.
    I was slightly confused, but they do not interact poorly like in N3 so I guess it doesn't effect anything.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation