1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religous + Courage N4

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Cdp1492, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Cdp1492

Cdp1492 Well-Known Member

So this came up in a recent game playing MO where a hospitaller wanted to fail guts and drop prone after being shot. He had courage from joan so i assumed he could do so but after the game I was looking through the n4 pdf and found that courage has changed to pass any guts roll rather than choose the outcome in n3. Religous states you pass guts checks and must roll to fail. What do the rest of you think does this still let you choose or do we need to roll?

Attached Files:

2. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

It works the same as N3. Courage says “may choose to pass the roll”

religious only falls back if you pass the rolls. So with courage you choose to pass.

without religious to can choose to pass and hold ground or auto fail and fall back, as is normal in the guts rules.

edit: i got the wording wrong. Courage says “allows the user to choose” to me that sounds like you can fail. Additionally courage has the optional label, which means you can ignore that rule if you want.

3. Nomadimp

Nomadimp Well-Known Member

Damn, good catch and just as it's written that does seem like it works differently than it did in N3 which would be a real bummer. Courage only lets you choose to pass now, doesn't let you choose to fail so your options are Pass or... Pass. On the one hand it makes Joan much less good in MO... on the other hand I guess it also makes her less mandatory? I think there's a reason why Inspiring leadership is in the annex, seems like it's been earmarked for a rework. Will be curious to see if they bother to errata this before that comes around or not since the general approach of the things in the annex seems to be 'keep it the way it was for now.'

Interesting side note, religious isn't pass a WIP to fail the guts roll. It's just pass a WIP test to apply the effects of failing a guts roll. Which seems like an attempt at making it clear that Religious troops can't actually fail guts rolls, period.

#3 Nomadimp, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  4. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

Oh interesting, I didn’t catch that religious was a separate wip roll. That is unfortunate.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation