1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

registered faction and played armies...

Discussion in 'OOC' started by Sergej Faehrlich, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey guys,

this is a rather peculiar question that I had over the weekend.

Since players register for a specific faction, do they always HAVE to play that faction or their sectorials when reporting battles?

Let's make up an example:
    A registered PanO player also likes to play StarCo and owns all the necessary models. Would he be allowed to play StarCo in a game and report that game for PanO? Fluffwise there would be more than enough ways to explain for such a coincidence.

Would that be considered breaking the rules of the campaign format? I could image to field Ikai in such a scenario but I do not want to break any rules...maybe someone could help me with an "official" statement?

As this could have some implications on the format I would like to hear opinions about this idea as well...what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

warzan likes this.
  2. warzan

warzan Well-Known Member

Speaking personally for us here at BoW the warconsole has always been about playing and reporting cool games.

It's important to be respectful of all the folk participating in the event, but a certain amount of flexibility and 'rule of cool' should equally be shared by all... because it leads to great stories and key memorable events in the campaign.

So at least for me personally if you are clear about it and make it clear what the story is in your report and put some good effort into the report then people should see it for the 'coolness' it is intended to be. (No guarantees you won't get someone complaining about it but that comes with the territory of large online events)

Equally players are also welcome to open more than one account and play different factions :)

Either handled respectfully is fine by me at least :)

Hoffbauer and psychoticstorm like this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I have to point out/ warn though that due to "spying" incidents from the previous campaigns, players with multiple accounts are viewed in a sceptical way from the community, I am not saying is right or wrong, but its a consideration to take in.

Personally I will have to echo @warzan the campaign is first and foremost for players to have fun, so please have fun!

Hoffbauer and warzan like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation