1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebot help...

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Cthulhu Fhtagn!, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Cthulhu Fhtagn! Active Member

Hey guys,
    After playing with USAriadna i've decided to expand my horizon and start with Aleph (mostly Verdic)... and now i'm sitting in front of our rebots and don't know how to build them with out using air hooks or similar futuristic tools which, sadly, don't exist.

I've never thought starting Aleph would not only mean i have to use high tech in the game but also in real live for building the models :persevere: Any tipps how to build the rebots?

2. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Pin it – or substitute for lots of patience :)

Savant and jherazob like this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I suggest you to do the following, letting the glue dry between steps:

First, prepare the base, and make a hole to insert the "claws" of their legs, a "crater" you can fill with Gel-based cyanocrilate. Do not glue anything yet.

Second, glue the selected tail to each body (the smart missile launcher option, while not used, is tough enough you will want to use it as the 8pts Lamedh, the other option should be the Total Reaction, but don't glue the miniguns yet).

Third, glue exactly THREE legs of the rebots to the main body, because three points make a plane. Now you have a Rebot with a perfectly leveled position for the legs, regardless of how dispersed their angles are.

Fourth, glue the body with the tail and the three legs to the base you prepared. Let it dry.

Fifth, glue the fourth leg to the body and the base. All four are now in contact with the base and the body!!!

Sixth, glue the miniguns of the Total Reaction to the tail. You are done assembling!

Wyrmnax and jherazob like this.
  4. boquepasha

boquepasha ALEPH is love, ALEPH is life, ALEPH is your friend
    Warcor

Also, if you're keen on using magnets, just use a magnet on the lower end and tail of the rebots, so each time you can put a different loadout. The only one you cannot do this way is the Daleth remote, as it has some sort of sensor on the front. But honestly, I've yet to see someone who just discredits a Daleth for not being one just because that piece is missing. :joy:

jherazob likes this.
  5. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Okay, here's what you get out of the box (before clean up, i must add, so i see lots of flash on the photo):
    [​IMG]
    Here's pics of two of the setups of the Rebot (Total Reaction and GML, you get enough pieces for two different ones in one box) from Angel's blog, giving you several angles (which may be enough for you to figure it out on their own):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here's the dossier pic, should clarify things even more:
    [​IMG]
    Back to the first pic. It has been helpfully arranged almost like in columns by the person who took the pic, so i'll refer to them by number with the first one on the left.
    • The biggest pieces on the second column are the bodies. The concave depressions in them are sockets to fit the other pieces, and the little ball things close to each other on the big smooth part are the "eyes", marking that bigger part the front of the Rebot. Those big pieces should be where you start as they're the center of the figure.
    • The two ones in the middle of the first and last column, and all of the third are the legs, the bigger ones are for the bigger sockets near the front of the bodies.
    • The bigger pieces at the top and bottom of the first column are the "tails", those fit at the back of the "body".
    • The piece in the center of the pic, second column is the one that goes at the top of the "tail" on the second completed pic, and makes it the guided missile configuration, the Samekh.
    • The things at the top and bottom of the last column go to the sides of the "tail", and are pretty obviously the HMGs for the Total Reaction configuration, the Zayin (my faves, two of them well placed can be horribly hard to dislodge, and you can give them Supportware to make it harder).
    • The little thing at the pure bottom of the first column goes on the side of the "tail" where one of the machine guns would go, and marks it as the Sensor Repeater configuration, the Daleth.
    • Without anything on the tail it becomes the very cheap unarmed (well, Flash Pulse) Repeater configuration, the Lamedh.
    General tip: If you score well the pieces (scoring is when you scratch everywhere with a pointy tool on the surfaces that will receive superglue, so that it can grab onto something instead of smooth surfaces) you may not even need to pin anything (my Marut has only pins to the base and has resisted well so far), but if you do, you can get away with pinning only the legs of the critters, and maybe the tail. It's possible to magnetize the pieces so that you can have it all with only a couple of boxes of rebots at most, but honestly i wouldn't bother, just talk it out with your opponent before the match starts and glue them.
    The pointy tips of the legs are rather small to glue them to the base, but it's possible. This is left as an exercise to the reader.

Hope it helps :)

Wyrmnax and Nemo No Name like this.
  6. Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Cthulhu Fhtagn! Active Member

Thank you for your answers. They are very helpful but i think i want to try something different first like: Fix the main body onto the base with an transparent stick and then glue the legs on the body and stabilize them with small points of green stuff. I'm very curious on how it will play out.

xagroth and jherazob like this.
  7. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Like it's in mid-air? Good idea! The big body should provide enough space to easily affix securely the transparent stick (you gotta drill a hole for it to be sure, also superglue can fog the transparent part, you can either use accelerants and good ventilation to reduce the impact of this, or use another type of glue that doesn't have those fumes like epoxy instead). You could set the legs in a "jumping" dynamic position, and depending on your tastes and the rest of the base even add a couple flying rocks kicked around by the bot, here's a quick and simple way to do this:

You of course would only need a couple at most for effect so your case would be even quicker and simpler.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You don't need to for the model to remain stable, but if you want to, go for it. I would advise to "dry fit" everything first, since the legs are of fixed length, and the transparent stick can be a little too tall (drilling it through the base, then gluing it, and finally cutting and sanding the excess is a good option for that).

jherazob likes this.
  9. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I used blue tac to hold the base of the legs in place on the base while gluing the rear legs on my last pair and it worked really well. The front legs index pretty well if you feel for the click so they can be done first easily enough.

10. Savant

Savant Lhosthost
    Warcor

My best tip is to drill 2 holes all the way through the miniature at each leg joint, drill a little from each side to keep them lined up. Run a single long pin through each whole, then use this to pin the legs on at your leisure.

Think of it like adding axles to a car.

DukeofEarl and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation