1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razor - minelayer and hidden deployment

Discussion in 'O-12' started by MikeWy, Sep 30, 2020.

1. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

How does the hidden deployment trait interact with minelayer? Is the mine also hidden?

If yes then can you reveal one but not the other during a turn?

**Actually I just noticed it says hidden deployment -3 so the skill could be an error

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think the Hidden Deployment (-3) is simply a typo. Fairly sure the trooper is meant to have Hidden Deployment (same cost as Croc Man with fairly similar gear and stats) and as far as I know there's nothing in the Hidden Deployment skill that interacts with enemy troopers to give them -3 - unless it's meant to be -3 on Sensor checks.

You still deploy the Razor using Hidden Deployment so the mine needs to be put down within 8" of that location when you deploy the Razor.

chromedog, MikeWy and ijw like this.
  3. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

Thank you, so to clarify, at the start of the game the mine is visible to my opponent (as a camo marker) but not the razor?

chromedog likes this.
  4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yes.

chromedog and MikeWy like this.
  5. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

I lost the match miserably but the minelayer in hidden deployment worked well so thank you fo explaining the rules.

Infact it was the only thing that worked all match apart from a Varangian guard , everything else just died horribly.

AdmiralJCJF and El tito Zylito like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation