Random Observations on OOP Armies

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by burlesford, Jun 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I don't know if this is particularly interesting to anyone, but I just made a table comparing the number of missing units from officially retired factions with those of officially in production factions.

Officially retired meaning any army that can't be filtered for in CB's online store.
    Officially in production meaning any army that can be filtered for in CB's online store.

Here's the spreadsheet (EDIT: incorporated feedback)

[​IMG]

These are my main random takeaways:
    • For total numbers of missing units, IS, OSS, Starco, and Druze are actually missing more units than NCA and CHA.
    • Starco has the same total number of missing units as Qapu Khalqi and freaking MRRF, but doesn't count as discontinued.
    • For percentage of missing units, IS, OSS, Starco, and Druze are actually missing more units than NCA. Starco also has a higher percentage of missing units than CHA.
    • USARF is missing as many total units and an actually higher percentage of units than NCA.
    • Every OOP faction still can readily access at least more than half of their units.
    • CB could just re-release the Bolt box and the Uhlan, and all they had to do is release new Auxilia to make NCA a fully available sectorial again.
    • Disregarding the Caterans, because they will eventually get resculpted for Kosmoflot – if CB re-released the CHA starter box and the Volunteers box, they would just have to release new Wulvers and Cameronians to make CHA a fully available sectorial again as well.
    • The fact that Starco is sold as a complete sectorial even though three of its founding members, Emily, Knauf, and Uhahu, can't be purchased, is weird.

Anyway, do with that what you will. Just thought I'd share.

#1 burlesford, Jun 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  2. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff, thanks. Is Knauf still available to buy ?

Gwynbleidd, Abydog and burlesford like this.
  3. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

If Emily and Uhahu would be released one day, then I would gather StarCo for probably.
    The only problem is, that something critical could go OOP when missing peaces would return...
    I see this scenario as a very possible.

4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I just checked – he isn't! Forgot that they retired the Dire Foes box with him and Arslan. Which means Arslan isn't there anymore either. Well, there go two more for StarCo, Druze, QK, and MRRF.

Gwynbleidd, Abydog and infyrana like this.
  5. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

You also forgot to flag the Triphammer as "missing" in StarCo. Also you could conflate the Doctors, Engineers and Servant Bots into one Position since those are mostly sold in one box.

That said good work, it helps a lot to procrastinate :grin:

6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Noticed it in the morning, nice work!

7. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

Nice work !
    I bet my two cents the upcoming "reinforcments" thing will make this observation even more interesting.

Abydog likes this.
  8. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

From a Tohaa perspective: many of the missing models are the core of the Faction, like the Makaul, Kamael, Sakiel, Sukeul, Gao-Rael/Tarsos...

9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That's true. It's the same for the French and Scots. But the weird thing is that it's also true for Starco. And you could even make the case that while they're only 1 unit, the Desperadoes are also pretty essential to USARF. Having them unavailable is just weird for a sectorial that's otherwise fully supported.

Anyway, I incorporated some of the feedback I got into the spreadsheet. I found out that Rosie Munroe is also not available anymore, since the Dire Foes box it was in got discontinued for no reason. Which means Kerr-Nau is also gone.

Gwynbleidd, Daireann and Abrilete like this.
  10. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

All of this small defects in plan makes howl picture looks unfinished.
    And here we are again and again with a questions on the forums complaining x)
    that there are not enough critical units even for supported factions.

I was happy, when CB right before N4 gave us plan for future releases. “This’ this and this we would release, there would be only three sectorials for each faction, don’t worry”.

At least they are trying to release things for CodeOne, but that is not my point of interest and not enough.
    And don’t feel, that they are fully supported sectorials. (Ok, at least in rules, but that is not enough. And again only a part of the job)

How many sectorials are we have, that got absolutely anything? I really would like to know.
    Military Orders for PanO? May be Svalarheima?
    Yu Jing have completed and available White Banner and Service, I guess?
    ...what about the others? We can try to see the picture for each army.

Also I have a question, what about Bakunin. I’ve got observance Action pack and was wondering about, how to build a list with them. Previous starter is not longer available, moderators are discontinued too. Action pack itself not fits well to make a lists. And it is a newest release! I don’t think, they would make booster pack with moderators... For example, MO Action pack felt more balanced.
    (Gladly they are not my main army and would be used in other game system. I have Dahshat for Infinity as my main army. Accidentally, but anyway.)

(Sometime I am thinking, that forum is a place for our collective reflection. To deal with frustration after facing imperfection)

Gwynbleidd and burlesford like this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Sectorials that have at least one regularly available model for every unit are:
    • Varuna
    • TAK
    • JSA
    To be fair, the only reason the list is this short is because of TAG Raid. SWF, White Company, and RTF are complete except for the Beasthunter. Military Orders and Corregidor are complete as soon as there's a regular release Raveneye.

But for everyone else, yeah, there's missing bits and pieces everywhere. Be it regular release versions of ITS minis like Fiddler and Bixie, or Defiance minis like Boarding Action Sheskiin and Kendrat, or Mercs that were retired without replacements (Bounty Hunters, Armand LeMuet, Lucien Sforza), you'll always be looking for something.

Bignoob, Daireann and Gwynbleidd like this.
  12. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

That’s the big strength of Varuna indeed. I think the only important missing unit in terms of loadout is the HMG Kamau for the ones that didn’t have the chance to buy IceStorm.

Except that one, there are just some very specific loadouts missing (Croc man boarding shotgun and Echo bravo spitfire out of my mind), but it’s really insane how easy it is to make an almost 100% WYSIWYG list. And I love that!

Sidetracking here, but it would be sooooo cool for CB to provide with loadout options, like they do for the Nox Spec Ops or Order Sergeant Spec ops.

Inreally wouldn’t mind paying a small premium to have the chance to chose which weapon I want to give to a unit.

Gwynbleidd, Daireann and burlesford like this.
  13. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Which is a shame. HMG is essential in Kamau fireteam, be it in the core or haris. At some time in the game the Kamaus has to move and attack and not only ARO.

Gwynbleidd and Bignoob like this.
  14. Bignoob

That’s exactly how I play them.

First turn is a bit of a pain, I mostly use orders to place and setup how I want my half to the table to look like in order to set a thick defense perimeter. Ideally using immediately, if needed, infiltration/ Forward dep/Montesa to button push.

Second turn, typically goes by advancing my squads and take down key units without overextending.

Third turn: unleash chaos

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  15. Matthew

Matthew New Member

Actually VIRD doesn't have available Bipandra model.

burlesford likes this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Well there you go. Forgot she got discontinued too. So we're down to two.

17. CmdrSandmann

CmdrSandmann Well-Known Member

RTF is missing a regular release Fiddler too ;-)

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Y'all just keep proving my point XD

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  19. Bignoob

That's true. But she sucks in all honesty. It's not really a miss

20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I thought some NA2 would be like this, and new IS was lacking, but a bit surprised by OSS.

For IS they also have not received anything new other than Adil and Taowu in years. They also only have one figure for Crane Agents and Pheasant Agents. Most of figures we have though are not showing their years though. Thankfully.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation