1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Setting up a Panoply

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Djase01, Apr 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

Can you put a panoply or console on top of a building, or does it have to be inside of the building?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Assuming this isn't for a specific mission that requires Panoplies and you're just using the terrain rules: nothing in the rules stops you designating anything your want wherever you want as a Panoply.

Those crates, Panoply.
    That wall of a building with guns modelled on it Panoply.
    That dumpster with wisps of smoke, Panoply.

From a gameplay POV you probably want to be more judicious than that though.

If you're talking about items specified in Missions, then you can do either. Usually it's a choice between allowing balanced access or deliberately creating asymmetric access.

Xeurian and Djase01 like this.
  3. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

Thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of Unmasking.

4. inane.imp

Just for completeness this is what HVTs say:

"• The players must deploy their HVT models a minimum of 4 inches outside of any Deployment Zones. Moreover, the players cannot place their HVT models either on top of or inside of any Scenery Item or Building, always deploying it in an accessible location on the table"

The rules for placing Objectives do not include similar language. So you can place them either on top of or inside of any Scenery Item or Building.

5. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

placing objectives on upper levels of tables where you're utilizing multiple levels increases the value of skills such as superjump and climbing plus. Be reasonable but absolutely do place mission objectives on different levels and/or inside accessible buildings.

...maybe don't put the center console for Acquisition on the top of your central four story Armortek Office building, but placing one or more of the consoles for Safe Area on the roof of a single story building

6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I generally prefer to place objectives on top of buildings instead of inside of them, although I will also make minor edits to building locations if an objective would otherwise won't fit because it would partially overlap the structure. I have a relatively strong bias against the use of building interiors, so for me it's an easy choice to place them on top instead.

7. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Most of the times, I believe, people try to place the consoles or scenario targets outside the buildings, in the plain terrain, but if is not possible, sometimes it is harder move one piece sceno to accomodate the items, so if the piece is accesible, I usually do a roll to choose the level where to place it, if not, them in the top of the building and "play".

8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

As do I, after playing against ISS several times in a row with Kuang Shi order batteries basically untouchable in the DZ :P.

9. inane.imp

Doors that require opening?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation