1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Mnemonica

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Nyper, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Nyper

Nyper Member
    Warcor

What happens if in turn 1, my 2 lieutenant orders avatar enters null state and I use mnemonica to give the liutenant skill to another troop?
    In the second turn, do my new lieutenant generate 2 lieutenant orders? Or only one?

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Mnemonica doesn't transfer any additional skills, just the lieutenant status (and Mnemonica itself). So you won't get extra orders on subsequent turns.

Delta57Dash likes this.
  3. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

Nmemica transfer lt skill if model have it, sooo if lt have 2lt order its transfer too

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I'm surprised as I thought this was the case. But actually reading the skill I think @Doppelgganger is actually right and the new Lt does get Lt+1 order, because in N4 the special Lt skill transfers not just the Lt status.

CAnon and toadchild like this.
  5. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

6. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

CAnon likes this.
  7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Yeah until clarified, the +1 Order is part of the Lt special skill and Mnemonica transfers the skill. Which is different to "appointing a new Lt".
    So the new Mnemonic Lt will still have +1 order.

Doppelgganger likes this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I think it's actually the opposite according to what the text says and @toadchild is right.

From the LT skill:

"When a new Lieutenant is appointed (due to Loss of Lieutenant, Chain of Command...), they gain the Lieutenant Special Skill, with no additional abilities."

When you appoint a new LT they don't transfer additional abilities of the LT skill of which +1 order is considered an additional ability.

"In the Unit Profile, this Special Skill may have additional abilities listed. Some examples are:
    • +1 Command Token. The player that takes this Trooper as their Lieutenant will have one extra Command Token for the match.
    • +1 Order. Indicates that this Lieutenant has two Special Lieutenant Orders each Turn instead of one."
    And then under the Mnemonica skill

"If the Mnemonica Trooper was also the army's Lieutenant, the host becomes the new Lieutenant."

Mogra and Robock like this.
  9. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yeah, I'd love for Mnemonica to transfer the +1 order but after having the text in the Lt skill pointed out I'm inclined to think (but not 100% sure) it doesn't. Maybe that's just me not wanting to take advantage of something I'm not 100% on, since I've been playing the Avatar a bit lately.

10. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

@Alphz
    But you appoint a New Lieutenant when you use neumónica.
    IMG_20211019_012017.jpg

You can see NEW LIEUTENANT, is the same term that you see in the lieutenant skill.

11. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Here's the terrible thing:

1. Chain of Command says:
    This Special Skill allows its user to automatically become the new Lieutenant of the Army List, gaining the Lieutenant Special Skill with no extra abilities.​
    2. Mnemonic doesn't include the same qualifier:
    The user may transfer his own WIP Attribute value, along with the Mnemonica Special Skill and the LieutenantSpecial Skill (if applicable), to another Trooper in the same army.​
    before the other bullet point about appointing a lieutenant. In other words, Mnemonica is transferring the Lieutant skill to the model before the game mechanic that says "Your newly appointed model gets Lieutenant (with no frills) as part of the job" kicks in.

As far as I can tell, only Mnemonica and Chain of Command have statements transferring the Lieutenant skill to another trooper.

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The LT skill itself has the statement that transfers don't get additional abilities. It uses ellipses to denote the list of scenarios in which it happens isn't exhaustive, so my thoughts are that the intent of the rule is to be a blanket effect unless directly contradicted.

This is gonna be one of those things that varies between play groups though.

Mogra likes this.
  13. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

For me, the key is the New Lieutenant concept. With nemonica you select a new lieutenant, then no additional abilities are transfered.

IMG_20211030_232941.jpg IMG_20211030_232636.jpg

#13 Mogra, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation