1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About Maximus' Implacable rule

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Mariacheat, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Mariacheat

Mariacheat New Member

So, with his Implacable rule, Maximus can displace himself immediately after an enemy targets an ally with an attack.
    My question is that, can Maximus final position can grant cover to an ally targeted by a ranged attack since he displaces himself after the targeting but before the actual combat roll (at least that's how I understand it),

Here's a an example with pictures.

[​IMG]

In this example, Wild Bill declares his Twin Pistols attack on Hexx3r, who is in direct line of sight.
    Right After that, Maximus displaces himself one hexagon to the side, thus landing in front of Hexx3r.

[​IMG]

With Maximus standing in front of Hexx3r, does he completely blocks line of sight and thus cancels the attack? (In my honest opinion, I'd say no because Hexx3r was a legit target before Maximus' Implacable movement.) Or does Maximus grant Hexx3r cover and thus acts as a standard obstacle?

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Line of Sight is determined during Requirements step (see Sequence of an Action at reference Guide). As you say, at this moment, hEXx3r is a legit target and with no cover. Then it comes the Declaration step. This is the time whren you pay your Actions Points and this is the time which Maximus may Displace himself. So, whether he grants cover or he blocks LoS now doesn't matter, because Line of Sight was stated in previous step.

:wink:

3. garagefridge

garagefridge New Member

Does the obstructed space in front of hEXx3r not provide cover?

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yes, but the OP is talking about completely blocking LoS.

5. garagefridge

garagefridge New Member

Ah, I was confused by this line:

As you say, at this moment, hEXx3r is a legit target and with no cover

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I should say hEXx3r has no cover when Wild Bill declares his Attack. I doubt about that fifth vertex (if Wild Bill can see 4 or 5).

the huanglong likes this.
  7. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Sadly, hEXx3r has no cover, as Wild Bill can see 5 vertex (using his own front-right vertex to measure). That Nomad witch is going to take a heavy load...

X3

-V- likes this.
  8. eronth

eronth Active Member

Maybe I'm looking at old rules or something, but don't you need to see all vertexes of the target's space to have clear line of sight?

9. DalaiDan

DalaiDan New Member

That's how I've played it.
    They both are adjacent to a blocked space that is partially obstructing the enemy’s Line of Sight so they both get Cover right?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation