1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Hostile Enviroments.

Discussion in 'OOC' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of the areas contain this rule, particularly, the Zhan Huo base specifies that rolls of 18 or higher require an ARM roll against damage 13.

Does the damage roll occur even if the roll is succesful?

Like in Melee, or Fireteam Linked Shotguns and such, that would pump an attribute above or at 20.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The ARM Roll still happens if you're successful (even on crits) and it's still a success, so even if you fail the arm roll you can at least get a consolidation prize by killing the other guy...

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

So if I have CC23 and I roll 15, which brings me up to 18, I don't get affected by Hostile Enviroment?

5. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

6. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

According to the wiki, no. It's just the number on the dice you need to be concerned about.

Zewrath likes this.
  7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Cheers mate!

locksmith likes this.
  8. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Right.

In game terms, when in an area marked as a Hostile Environment, each time a figure rolls a previously determined dice result (A 20, for example) due to an Order declaration or ARO (It is not applied to Guts Rolls or ARM rolls, for example) it can suffer Damage,

The number the player gets on the dice roll to provoke the damage is always the natural number rolled on the dice, ignoring Modifiers applied to that roll.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation