1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quantronic Jump

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by CAnon, Feb 11, 2019.

1. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

So obviously we have the corebook rules for dealing with it with regards to adversaries and NPCs, but (now especially that Aleph PCs are on the immediate horizon) is there any actual mechanical rules on how to handle the PCs using Quantronic Jump?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  2. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

There's nothing about quantronic jump for the PCs in the Aleph book (at least in the backer preview).

The description in the corebook speaks that those that possess it "jump from one quantronic receptacle (such as a Lhost or remote) and into another. If the character is an adversary..."

That if indicates to me that the following rules only apply to NPCs and adversaries while PCs can freely do their jumps as long as they have something to jump into like a friendly Lhost or remote. This might look powerful but it is already asset prohibitive as Lhost bodies and combat remotes are awfully expensive. For the good ones at least.

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I am sure there was a section on Posthuman PCs, and the wetware to allow Quantronic jumping, in the ALEPH book.

4. Solodice

Oh it's listed for Posthuman PCs. There's just no description for PC only use.

5. AdmiralJCJF

pg 68:

"Multithreaded Consciousness Adaptation: One of the unspoken laws of consciousness is that disembodied sheuts unravel at the seams, becoming increasingly unstable as sheut shredding begins to erode their sanity. When adapting the human psyche for integration with Cube 2.0’s Multi-Point Architecture, ALEPH realized that the same constructs could be used to nudge a sheut’s fundamental interaction with existence just a bit closer to its own. After a few early mishaps, the process merited large-scale integration. The subjects who underwent the procedure are now known as the first Posthumans. Unlike other augmentations, Multithreaded Consciousness Adaptation directly affects the subject’s sheut. While it requires a Cube 2.0 to function, it isn’t bound to a given host. Once the augmentation has had enough time to finish its work—usually about 6–12 months—the user does not suffer Sheut Shredding and reduces the difficulty of Discipline tests made to avoid Resurrection Dysmorphic Disorder by 2 (minimum 0)."

6. Solodice

Hmmm, that's not really Quantronic Jumping. Here's the only description of it.

pg 418 (corebook):

"The character has the ability to jump from one quantronic receptacle (such as a Lhost or remote) and into another. If the character is an adversary, the GM can choose to spend Heat to reintroduce them to the scene. Spend 1 Heat to reintroduce them within six rounds, 2 Heat for within four rounds, and 3 Heat for them to reappear at the end of the following round. A maximum of 6 Heat, in any combination, can be spent during each scene on this ability, which represents the total number of proxies hidden nearby."

Doesn't really given a definitive idea on how a PC would use it mechanically. Does it cost momentum for a PC to jump? Is there a roll needed? Does it have to be a friendly Lhost or remote? Can the PC jump into a neutral body or remote?

7. AdmiralJCJF

"it isn’t bound to a given host"

Quantronic Jump is a function of the Cube 2.0, and that already has rules:

PCs can always spend Momentum or Heat, and the PC rules for the system point to the same mechanics on pg 418 of the Core Book. I don't understand what your quibble is here.

8. Solodice

Not a quibble but more of a head scratch. The description for quantronic jumping is more focused on how it works for adversaries and not the PCs.

I can use the same rules of how it works for an adversary for the PCs easily. Would it been nice if laid that out there or presented and alternative for the PCs.

9. AdmiralJCJF

I mean, I understand your point that it's not clear.

But the systems for using Heat/Momentum are clear, and the function works for PCs.

Further, it's the rule set out in all the references for PCs.

And even the Proxy lhost rules use that as their base.

10. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Looking at the proxy rules, I suppose it makes sense for non-Proxy bodies (which are less jumper friendly) to have something like "Free Action: Jump to any inactive Lhost (limit once per round)" and limiting reactions to the currently active body.

(I'd probably allow swift action spends for the current active body, so for instance, you could act, swift act, shift bodies, swift act in the new one, or swift act, jump, standard act, and swift act).

Golem2God likes this.
  11. AdmiralJCJF

Well, it's a standard action to jump into a Remote, or jump out of one back into your own lhost.

So I would simply apply the same to moving between regular lhosts using Cube 2.0.

inane.imp and CAnon like this.
  12. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Good catch.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation