1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quadrant Control List

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by SN0flux, May 30, 2018.

1. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

Finally got everything I purchased assembled and painted and I've got my first Tohaa match tomorrow in a casual game of Quadrant Control. I'm looking for some opinions on the list I was thinking to bring; My opponent is most likely playing Haqq with Saladin, and may bring Maggie along as well.

[​IMG] Quadrant Control
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    [​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
    [​IMG] SAKIEL Combi Rifle, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] CLIPSOS Minelayer Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] KAAURI Sentinel Sniper / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 19)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)

7 SWC | 297 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I've done a few QCs with Nomads, so I'm not unfamiliar with some strategy. I'd planned to take the Neema Link and the Sukeul ML Link into the first two quadrants and hold, and have the Gao-Rael link push into one of the farther quadrants. Neema gets a baggage Chaksa for her panzerfaust, and the other sits with the Sukeul ML in her quadrant.

I wanted to bring a Nullifier Sukeul with Neema to prevent any Mutts from getting that far and isolating her, but ended up with the HMG Sukeul instead since I saw I had the extra SWC. Not sure if I should actually take the HMG or stick with the K1 + Nullfier. I think i could fit in a Diplomatic Delegate if i switched, which could give an extra order with Advanced Command.

2. borings

borings Well-Known Member

so one of the advantages of tohaa is that we have arguably the best baggage in the game.
    where every other faction can only bring 2 baggage troops, tohaa can bring up to 4. where other people have baggage that dodges at a -3, ours has no dodge penalty and actually has a decent weapon loadout. personally, for any mission that cares about points, i always bring all 4. usually i deploy them with two on each side of the table, hopefully somewhere in cover that can move up and still be in cover after a single coordinated order.
    i would drop the kaauri sniper for two more baggage guys, or drop it down to an smg (arguably a better loadout anyways) and take one extra chaksa. if you do end up taking the two chaksa, move the clipsos to the second group. in my experience with a list like this you're not going to use it as much as your triads, and you'll regret having the order tied up.

also, in regards to neema getting isolated, you might not know this (from "active symbiont armor"):
    • Spending one Short Skill of the Order, the bearer can cancel voluntarily the Active Symbiont Armor state to also cancel the Immobilized (IMM-1 or IMM-2), Isolated, or Targeted states.
    so, if someone goes out of their way to hack her or whatever, and she ends up somehow failing her crazy bts save, you can always surprise the hell out of them by saying "well she's isolated, so i guess she has to take her armor off to remove isolated, and now she's light infantry so no longer hackable..."

SN0flux likes this.
  3. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Gao-rael is only 4-2 so can be slow to get to the far quadrants unless they are the ones fighting forward. Pretty solid otherwise. Personally I would want something more deploying forward but that's just me. Something like this:

[​IMG] Quadrant Control
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    [​IMG] SAKIEL Combi Rifle, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] CLIPSOS Minelayer Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#3 Wombat85, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    SN0flux likes this.
  4. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

Had the match, lost 6-4. I had Neema as the data tracker and ran her a bit up onto the left side of the table to hold, but got bogged down and eventually caught by a Djanbazan link able to push forward with their MSV2 and a smoke throwing Yuan Yuan. Since she was my data tracker i ended up losing the extra points. I didn't manage to get any good shots on the Yuan Yuan so it let them push up quite easily.

The ML Sukuel dominated the right side of the table, taking out an HMG TR bot and it's engineer-bot deployed too close, his Kameel baggage bot, a Yuan Yuan, and 1/3 of a Sekban link. This opened up the right side for the Gao-Rael team to push onto the far right quadrant and hold it. They weren't able to make it around back to the quadrant with the Djanbazan link to try and clear it out however.

Overall a good match, I think the table was more favored on my side, but there weren't a lot of ARO deployment spots. We're still figuring out how to lay out a 'balanced' table in the middle aside from deployments (which shouldn't be equal, of course).

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation