1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxies and Alternate Sculpts

Discussion in 'Rules' started by zagdag, Jan 14, 2018.

1. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

We know CB is doing skins (and it is an awesome idea), but do we have any ruling yet on other proxies from Infinity?

Example one: can I use one of my Mushashi models from Yu Jing as Mushashi without TO permission? Same question for Major Luna and Massacare.

Example two: could I use other infinity models to do something crazy? Locally we have talked about how cool it would be if there was a CA "heel" team, like body altered lhosts that appear like Morats, Shavastii and Umbra perhaps as part of a Myrmadon Wars promotion.

Obviously I can do whatever I want with a willing oponent. Just curious if there is an offical rule for future ATS (or whatever it will be called)

2. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Ok, answered by V is the Game section:
    Same ruling as Infinity IE "must be made from.corvus belli minis and must accurately represent the profile."

So in the previous post: Yes to example 1, Mostly no to example 2 (though I am tempted to do something like a Suryat using maximus parts, a sygma Luna, an umbra Hexer, that sort of thing. The CA are weird, monstrous, and humans greatest enemies, but lets face it: human media is a madhouse in Infinity and I could see it happening.

3. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Carlos mentioned in the BOW videos that it's perfectly acceptable to use an existing metal version of Lunah or Musashi in Aristeia and visa versa.

zagdag likes this.
  4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Paging @-V- and @palanka, this is going to mean rewording the proxies section of the AGL document...

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

This is the section in final (at this moment) AGL document:

MINIATURES
    All miniatures used by the players must be from Corvus Belli’s official Aristeia! range.

PAINTING
    Players can paint or mark their miniatures to indicate ownership.

PROXIES
    Under no circumstances can miniatures from other brands or manufacturers be used as proxies.

CONVERTED FIGURES
    Use of converted figures is allowed, and in fact encouraged, as long as most or all the figure is composed of parts from Corvus Belli miniatures and the figure accurately represents the Character it stands for.

Please, tell us if there's any problem with that.

Thank you.

:wink:

zagdag likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation