1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protheion + shock ammo

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by RobertShepherd, Jan 23, 2019.

1. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

A single wound model with protheion performs a successful melee attack against an enemy model, who fails their BTS roll, causing her to gain a wound.

In the same order, an unopposed enemy ARO inflicts a hit on her with shock ammunition. She fails the ARM roll.

What happens?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

For clarity: it's not 100% clear. But that's the distinct vibe I get. That IJW quote is in response to a slightly different example, so it is distinguishable.

It's solid enough as an answer for the purposes you asked this question though.

Edit: I'm wrong, as IJW points out in the first thread, the Protheion trooper never goes UNC so the "straight to dead" aspect of Shock never kicks in. Result she ends up on 1W.

#3 inane.imp, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    BLOODGOD, theradrussian and coleslaw like this.
  3. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

@inane.imp IJW's example above is about models that start the turn on 0 wounds and that's another question . And yes, I agree, it's not really clear.

In this case the model starts with 1 wound and gains 1 and looses 1 during resolution. And if wound total becomes 2 then the model becomes shock immune.

Reading the threads and thinking about it I can only come to two alternatives:
    1) Take precedent from the wounded NWI doctor that heals himself at the same time as getting shot and receiving 1 wound.
    * Here the sum is 0 so the doctor survives. Meaning it never checks states for -1 wounds and thus never can check states for 1 wound either (if you did, you would be a dead 1 wound model since there is no cancellation clauses from the dead state)
    * In OP's example that would mean that the Protheion model didn't get his wounds adjusted either up or down. So neither shock or shock immunity would activate, the model with stay at 1 wound model, the same as before.

2) Or maybe whatever CB says if they care to say anything about their intent...

Good luck

JoKeR, DukeofEarl and theradrussian like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation