1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prodigal Son Has Returned... Kinda

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by -Ghost-, Oct 3, 2020.

1. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Hey all, after a long hiatus from Infinity my cousin and I are planning on getting back into the game and playing some rounds. He's playing USAriadna (which I have heard mixed things about) and I've decided to jump into DBS.

Couple questions and concerns for you veteran mercenaries:

Wolfgang, he seems different. Surprised he is the only Wulver without NBW. But with Berserk, MA3, and being protected by a link for gunfighting he looks solid on paper.

Hunzakqts... I feel like I should be doubling down on these all the time. Irregular isn't terrible with fire teams and Tac Awareness TAGs.

To Saito or not to Saito? TO camo objective grabber with EXP CCW is still dangerous. 39 is a bit steep though. La Muet is also one of those costly single models I have a hard time considering even though the latter trades a marker state for 2W.

Now that Brawlers and BHs can interchange freely has that changed the paradigm for always bringing a full core? I've lurked here a bit and have seen that a few on here suggest double 3 man teams since we can bring a core and Haris and filter in what we need. Also, I'm digging that no-one is slower than 4-4.

Anaconda still meh? I love the model and plan on bringing the flamethrower pattern in our first match. It's hard to turn away a lovely model. Especially when I'm waiting for Cordella and Scarface to get redone.

I have a couple of lists I've been thinking of running, but the main one that I keep coming back to is the following:
    Screenshot_20201003-102839_Infinity Army.jpg

What are your thoughts and opinions on N4 for DBS?

2. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Doubt scarface will get redone any time soon...

3. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Damn. Hopefully we'll get a concept for Wolfgang soon. Interesting he has 0-G terrain. Maybe a fully encapsulating suit?

4. Jotunn

Jotunn Well-Known Member

DBS had gotten a lot more fun, and the anaconda seems to finally be worth the points it costs. Better armor, Better weapons and a cheaper price has gone a long way.

The lgl Druze is in a odd place arm in my opinion. The Grenade launcher has lost +3 Range and now only has 0/-3 range, and targeted state no longer negates the -6.
    But her has gotten normal ammo instead of the Nimbus nonsense.

Add to that a cheaper Saito, Tauwu, and Swanson, and not least the bulleteer REM.
    DBS looks very fun now.
    Though we still lack good Lt options and ways to utilize our Lt order.

I am going to try my hands with somthing like this.

g4YAF0RCUyAtIGJhZGJhZG1hbiAtIDMwMHB0gSwCAQoBg9oBAgACgXsBCgADgXsBBAAEgdABAQAFg9sBBwAGMQEGAAeD2wECAAiD2wEFAAmEiAEBAAqCnAECAAIEARMBAQACEwEBAAOBNgEDAASBNgEDAA==

5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I think the lgl druze is looking very good in N4. Now, it hits with grenades up 32" without a BS penalty. That gives it some serious board control.

6. Jotunn

Jotunn Well-Known Member

Yeah that is a Long range, but No good range either, coupled with not bring able to ignore the -6 for speculative attack with targeted state, thats a yikes. Not that he isn't good. Speculative fire is just less good than it used to be.

7. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

If you take the LGL and Spec Fire out of context and for their own, you are right. But the new DBS features thousand ways to get something targeted and have a full core-team on the field for a while. So you can easily shoot things speculative up to 32" on 12s and place the template as you need to. Meanwhile you haven't invested too much into this trick, but can also have Wolf as hard hitter waiting, a buffed Bulleteer for turn one and so on. The whole cost for setting the LGL-trick up dropped significantly.

RasPuto and Brokenwolf like this.
  8. Jotunn

Jotunn Well-Known Member

Yes. DBS looks quite a bit stronger than in N3. It is just Speculative attack gas been significantly reducer in effectiveness. Previously, og you were in good range and in a link you could speculative attack on 12s without needing to have your target in targeted state. Now it is pretty much required og you want any chance to hit with it.
    Mind you speculative attack gas always been gimmicky. And as a whole DBS looks way Better off in N4. Plus a Lot more fun.

Capo.Paint likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation