1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preparing for tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by adamljung, Apr 27, 2018.

1. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Hey, I have extremely little knowledge of nomads / tunguska, other than the fact that the szalamandra is the coolest model I've seen & that the new starter looks amazing.

I usually play yu jing but I've decided to get a smaller tunguska army as well (with yu jing I'm going for, well, getting everything)

What would you guys suggest getting / avoiding in preparation for the new sectorial?
    So far I'm considering:

MSR + Boarding shotgun spektrs
    Interventor box
    The new zoe & pi-well box
    Salyuts box
    And obviously the Szalamandra!

And then when the sectorial starter is released I'm getting that.

Should that leave me with enough toys to play with? I realize it's hard to answer since we don't have the rules yet but any input is greatly appreciated!

2. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

zoe and pi-well are bakunin, so probably not them if you're going for tunguska ;)

AdmiralJCJF, Keyrott and adamljung like this.
  3. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

That I did not know :astonished: Seems my intel was off, thanks!

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Unless you wanted the remaining remotes that should do it. The main problem is that you will probably be lacking a link team. We don't know their formation and the boxes aren't out though so you can't really help it, you'll probably want to buy the Securitate SWC box when it comes out.

5. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

You should see if anybody in your area is willing to trade something for the Spektr and Grenzer from Ice Storm/Nomad Starter. Lots of people have extra, since Ice Storm was such a big seller. You'll also want a Lunokhod and the Tsyklon box.

loricus and Rubberpiggy like this.
  6. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

The Nomads starter pack should net you a Spektr w/ Combi Rifle and a Grenzer with Sniper Rifle. Beyond IceStorm has the Mk12 Kriza. Other than that and what you mentioned(aside from Zoe and piwell, they are Bakunin), you might want to get some of the Zond Remotes(maybe Tsyklon Sputniks), as they are very useful in all Nomad lists.

7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If there are mixed links Grenzer MSR could give you at least a undersized link but I wouldn't rely on that.

8. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

Based on how often Bostria has brought up the Grenzer link, I am fairly sure we are getting a Grenzer box by the end of the year. If we do, that MSR will be your ticket to a full 5 model link.

9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Grenzer link will be great IMO.

I hope that it's mixable with another link though, that'd be immense. Although I'm also pretty pumped for the idea of a Grenzer Haris with a FO/Sensor and a Spitfire as an aggressive hunter-killer team, while a Securitate team with a MSR and a HMG sits back.

10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

In your defence Zoe was born and raised im Tunguska, before moving to Praxis to work... She just has a price on her head in Tunguska now.

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'd accept the fact that you're inevitably going to be playing Vanilla occasionally, so having a few not-Tunguska troops is fine.

Op:IS and B:IS is a still a decent place to start.

Depending on how much you like the support box Dak and Clockmakers will depend on whether you get that. You can easily proxy Pandas as helper bots it makes barely any difference* from a rules POV.

Alternatively Zoe + Pi-well and the Dark Sun Analysis give you a decent Clockmaker + Zondbot + Dak set of proxies.

*Funky rules discussion, that isn't strictly relevant.

Literally the only difference once on the table is that Fast Pandas are figures, Dep Reps are markers. Which very occasionally matters. Memorably in the Wotan online campaign you could use a figure to stop your opponent doing an objective.

Otherwise every single TJC trooper is decent (with the arguable exception of a single old Spektr, but you need to buy him unless you can find the superlative BSG Spektr second hand) and something you'll want to own. Also all the REMs and 2 x Zonds box (but hold off on the Meteor for now).

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Anyway my preparation for Tunguska is getting the boys and girls in yellow and blue ready to roll

[​IMG]

Syurpriz bitches

sarf and loricus like this.
  13. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

That blue and yellow combo always makes me think of:

[​IMG]

Solar likes this.
  14. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Yep, and the red decals too! Just took the colours straight from the X-Men

15. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I love the X-Men. Been collecting the comics since the mid 80s...I have way too many comics in my house...

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation