1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Sectoral Bets - Gencon edition

Discussion in 'News' started by tdc, Apr 6, 2018.

?

Which sectorials will be released at Gencon!

Poll closed Sep 6, 2018.
  1. Vedic - Aleph

49.3%
  2. Varuna - Pano

15.7%
  3. Ramah Task Force - Haqq

15.7%
  4. Invincible Army - Yu Jing

17.1%
  5. Tartary Army Korps (Kazaks/Russians) - Ariadna

55.0%
  6. Merovingian Rapid Response Force - Ariadna

2.1%
  7. Shasvastii - Combined Army

1.4%
  8. New Sectorial - Combined Army

5.7%
  9. New Sectorial - Tohaa

0.7%
  10. New Sectorial - Nomads

4.3%
  11. New Faction

2.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Since the Adepticon thread is still gaining interest, here's the Gencon version where that interest can be directed!

The rumblings and rumours have been that Gencon will be a 2-player box (Carlos/Bostria at CanCon, Aus)
    So you each get two votes :)

I've even been kind this time and included the factions/sectorials that aren't going to be released... (ever ... :japanese_ogre: mwa ha ha haaaa)

Abrilete likes this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Shasvastii and Tohaa have been confirmed as not for this year, because the miniatures are not ready

And Merovingia is forgotten for this wave of sectorials

tdc and Abrilete like this.
  3. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Hence the final line of my post xD

Abrilete likes this.
  4. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

I continue to be skeptical that Kazaks will be this year at all, unless they are paired with Varuna in a 2-player box.

Thematically, they fit much better as a 2-player starter force against Shasvastii; but as they are delayed I think Kazaks will be too. As I and others have theorycrafted in other threads, they are a horrible pairing with Vedic for new players, because the two forces don't interact with each others' special rules at all (excepts for the Kazaks being at a great-feeling 9 or below to hit the Garudas, forever).

5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

They pair perfectly with Vedic; all the Marksmanship and Mines to completely negate all the NWI in Vedic, while at the same time providing the plentiful targets for all the superior Hackers Vedic will have, and will have to bring to field REMs.

Wulverdron likes this.
  6. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Even I couldn't vote for Tohaa in this poll. How can we get a Sectorial before we see a Sakiel Box?

hopwood, Hiereth, Abrilete and 2 others like this.
  7. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Seriously, who voted for Nomads getting a new secotrial?!?!?

Is tunguska not enough for one year xD

Stiopa likes this.
  8. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I'm conflicted because what I want (TAK vs Shasvastii )is probably impossible, what I think would be the best option thematically (TAK vs new sepsistorised sectorial) is unlikely, and what I think is most likely causes a bottleneck later on that really screws over the 4th battle box in 2020ish.

TAK(who are almost certain) vs Vedic(who are almost certain) means the only option for the next 2 player box is tohaa and CA. Industry wide, alien factions tend to sell less than human ones, while at the same time taking more effort and resources to actually make. This is no less true in Infinity than in any other game, in fact the difficulties have been extolled at length by @Bostria almost every Q&A: the base pattern for a human being has been locked in for the last 50000+ years, but if CB put out a new alien then that alien becomes the base pattern of their entire race, or becomes an orphaned model that's out of date too soon...

It's almost certainly TAK vs Vedic, which means either a hard sell on the 4th box, CB have given up on the idea of every faction being in a starter, or they have a solution for that which hasn't been discussed.

Edit: right after I hit post I had an insane idea, what if Vedic has been sepsistorised?

Wulverdron likes this.
  9. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

Literally lol'd.

As a Ariadna/CA player though... yes please? CA would love to have access to G:Jumper as well as G:Mnemonica. Solves the rules bloat problem too, lets just put every complicated rule in the game into a single sectorial and be done with it.

Actually, you could also fix the TAK vs Vedic imbalance by simply stripping out all the offending ALEPH-tech. Its genius!

cazboab likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Supposedly YJ has been holding Ariadna's back against incursions from PanO. What if PanO is overreaching now that YJ is on their heels, triggering a conflict between TAK and Varuna as the next step in the Uprising continuation?

Barrogh, DukeofEarl and ZlaKhon like this.
  11. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

I think Vedic + Tartary is the most sensible in terms of timing and release context.... both sectorials have many of their parts lined up, leaving room for resculpts and interesting new units to get the same sort of mix we got with Tunguska, while also getting the last 'human' factions' into a box. Its just that matchup seems a little odd on the tabletop.

But this discussion hardly matters, obviously an orbitally-inserted Shooting Star drop troop is gonna be smashing through the roof of the Indiana Convention Center bearing a severed Kempeitai head in one hand and an Invincible Army box in the other. I don't know why you even bothered with a poll!

Furiat, Deltervees and Mahtamori like this.
  12. cazboab

What if the EI itself was able to take control of the sepsistorised post human bodies and the avatar becomes a sort of control device for them?
    If you look at the situation on Dawn, it would seem like YuJing was using the JSA as cheap labour/cannon fodder for that purpose... if CB are going to have a two at once limit on battle boxes like with 300pt bundles, then the reduced hostility the JSA feel towards PanO, combined with the idea that it would likely be an amphibious incursion into the most western part of the Ariadnan Exclusion Zone would set TAK Vs Varuna up nicely... But the fact that it works doesn't mean that it's going to happen...

13. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Given the existance of the beyond icestorm boxes, I don't think Icestorm is going anywhere... and given tunguska are coming in June, There's no chance of icestorm being repacked as varuna vs tunguska either. :/

14. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

That sounds like a really cool idea. But with Svalarheima vs. White Banner on the (far away) horizon, it wouldn't make too much sense to put PanO in a total of three two-player starter sets.

15. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

It will be Tunguska again, Tunguska vs Renegade Nomads (led by svengali), final sectorial of the year will be Invincible army Tunguska, they hacked and possessed the entire sectorial, sorry yu jing, should have installed anti virus and not use Bonzi Buddy in all your HI suits.

Smiler and Solar like this.
  16. cazboab

The beyond box would probably stick around for a while, at least until the new starter gets its equivalent, but if the sales of icestorm are reaching saturation(which may be true given that red veil is supposed to be only a few hundred copies behind) and beyond is reasonably close then it's not worth keeping them in inventory, and the fact it's going away will boost sales to clear it..

Varuna vs Tunguska has definitely sailed though...

Svalarhiema vs White banner is probably a campaign book, not a starter set. The two might get the 6 model sectorial starter boxes in the same month(maybe even gencon 2019 or 2020) but it's unlikely to be a battle box I think...

17. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Don't ask me which video, but I was pretty sure Carlos said something about CB wanting to make this a 2 player box. Can anyone confirm?

18. cazboab

IIRC he said that they would be coming at the end same time in "a big reveal explosion" not specifically in a two player box, but if they are going to cycle out boxes then if we're talking about the far far future after this year's box is cycled out then all bets are off...

19. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

I think he'd said one of the calendar Ns was two sectorials and to think 'something like Icestorm', which is where people get the 2-player box idea. But CB communication can be wrong, can be trolling, and in this case was certainly far from definitive.

20. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Vedic + Kazak as an occasion to have new starters to replace the (very) old ones seems everyone choice

With next campain on dawn, a new kazak starter seems like an obligation and Aleph starter pack is the oldest Aleph reference => resculpting both seems logic

As an Ariadna/Aleph player, I hope we are right

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation