1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possesed Lt TAG and LoL

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by eciu, Aug 28, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So I get my Lt TAG possesed (stupid Eciu, who plays Lt TAGs in PanO! you are not Aleph, CA, JSA to do so!).

We know we can use Command Token to cancel possesion at beggining of the active turn.

We recently know that we can use said Command Token before "order counting phase" thus, "preserving" still getting TAGs order.

Can we done "cancel possesion action" before "check for LoL" happens ?

2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

While still a bit unclear (and hoping FAQ will be updated with more specificity), my policy will be to rule "no".

3. Recruit-3D

Recruit-3D Active Member

You might be wrong there.
    • This game state is automatically cancelled if the owning player spends 1 Command Token in a Player Turn that follows the turn in which the state was caused, but after the Order count Phase.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Command_Tokens

and also:

If you use a Command Token to cancel the Possessed state of a TAG, when during the Tactical Phase is the Possessed state cancelled?
    Before the Order count.​

https://assets.infinitythegame.net/downloads/faqs/en/v1.4/faqs.pdf

@eciu @Nemo No Name
    I would say that given the structure of the Tactical Phase with Retreat! checked first and the allowance given by Command Token use to be used at any time during your turn unless other restrictions are given, you can cancel possession to avoid both Retreat! and Loss of Lieutenant.

ChoTimberwolf and inane.imp like this.
  5. Recruit-3D

Recruit-3D Active Member

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As in my edit, though to elaborate; I think it comes down to whether the Possession Cancellation use "before Order Count" is defined informally or formally defined. Consider the definition under Command Tokens Tactical use which specify when you can use them:
    Except those options that specify the contrary, players may use Command Tokens either at the [beginning of their Active Turn], during the Tactical Phase [before making the Order Pool count], or at any point during their [Active Turn's Impetuous Phase] and [Orders Phase].​
    I have added brackets to designate which phrases I mean when I say formal or informal. If those brackets are formal concepts of timing, you may only cancel Possession specifically between Tactical Phase steps 2 and 3, but if they are not formal definitions (i.e. they are references or boundaries rather than specific times), then you can cancel Possession either before the Tactical Phase or between step 2 and 3 of Tactical Phase.

Given the lack of capitalization, I'm interpreting the phrase "before Order Count" as meaning "at any point during your active turn, but not during or after Order Count"

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation