1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop-Up scenery kickstarter

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Arkhos94, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I was browsing the new game Kickstarter when I found this : https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-wargaming-and-rpg-terrain-system/description
    Capture.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG

The basic concept seems nice : pop up scenery, you just need to open it to have the main building of your table ready. A few foldable scatters are added as strech goal (trees, walls, crates, river)

The size is not exactly what we need for infinity (the proposed arrangement is 44x60) but add on are supposed to solve that latter

What do you think ? Does it look usable for infinity ?

SupersexyJohn likes this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Yeah, saw it before the launch when they showed the preview on various sites. I feel that it could in fact work for Infinity if given a good look, and with enough scatter, but in it's current state it's more adequate for other games where cover is not as critical. We have here essentially a single building per tile, in it's center. That's not the best setup for Infinity tables although it could work, but as soon as you start adding more and more scatter it's value diminishes, the objective is fast deployment, and those of us old enough remember just how much setup time was to set 40 Ikubes on a table.

On the other hand, similar tiles engineered more for Infinity, with more scatter and off-center buildings per tile could work, i believe it could be done.

3. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

It's a cool concept, but I don't think THAT version is good for infinity. The concept has potential, but needs to be designed for infinity. I used to have so custom foldup terrain for Confrontation or Malifaux. I took some papercraft building and glued the art to some Foamcore and made the corners flexible with clear duct tape, then had the roofs hold it in shape. That concept could work for infinity, but the building in the middle of a large board doesn't really work well for infinity.

Errhile likes this.
  4. Daixomaku

Daixomaku Well-Known Member

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I'm not too afraid of the building being in the center of the tile. It means they are roughly 6/7 inches away from the border so there are still cover in the DZ (still some scatters would be needed, like some 5-6 containers)

The part that worries me the worst is resilience. Some infinity minis are quite heavy and I'm not sure every cardboard roof can support that

DukeofEarl likes this.
  6. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

They showed that they can take a lot of weight, though of course long term durability who knows. You do need to insert little tabs to lock the buildings though. Even Warhammer needs more terrain than this though (1 per square foot is the "norm"), and Infinity needs a bunch more. That said, they have a dungeon system that is just a bunch of individual rooms, which could be reimagined as a bunch of scatter buildings.

For $100ish for massive table it seems interesting, but I dunno. Lacks something in my eyes so I'm not going to bother. It's cool, but not "that" cool, for me.

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation