1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor visibility and dodge

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by borings, Feb 3, 2018.

1. borings

borings Well-Known Member

if i chuck a nimbus plus grenade on a trooper, and then put a template on that trooper from out of line of fire, they recieve a -9 to their dodge, right?

From the poor visibility faq:
    Q: How do the MODs for Low/Poor Visibility Zones apply to Dodge Rolls? And to Engage?
    A: The MODs apply whenever a Skill, Special Skill or piece of Equipment requires LoF and is declared from, into or through a Low or Poor Visibility Zone. Note that if the trooper is within the Visibility Zone this also applies to Dodge Rolls against template weapons from outside LoF. So:
    • Any Dodge declared inside a Low/Poor Visibility Zone suffers the negative MOD, even in Close Combat or if the Dodge didn’t involve LoF.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Yes.

You can also put the Nimbus Plus on your own trooper and achieve the same effect.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No, that won't achieve the same effect, because of then it would only be the 'no LoF' MOD that applied.

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

FAQ says otherwise. I admit that I could have been less ambiguous: but so long as the declaration requires LOF it would still apply as per the FAQ. So this would affect Impact templates or DTWs hitting secondary targets out of LOF. It only doesn't apply to Spec Fire.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Sorry, I mispoke slightly: 'Note that if the trooper is within the Visibility Zone this also applies to Dodge Rolls against template weapons from outside LoF.'.

So you won't get to stack both of the MODs unless the target is in the zone.

6. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

Am i right that Dodging inside Smoke grenade Template does not provide same effect and troops inside will dodge normally?

7. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

yes

8. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

That is the only (! ) weird rule to me in Infinity. Low visibility applies a dodge MOD but smoke (no LoF) does not.

#8 HarlequinOfDeath, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

It's a specific interaction that is seperate to stop MSV & Smoke being overwhelming I believe.

daboarder and Mahtamori like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation