1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Point rebalance hypotheticals - no bad ideas

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Wulverdron, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

So there are rumours post-Gencon that a widespread overhaul of points, and maybe profiles, could happen. Lets chat about what should happen for CA in a perfect world; maybe someone at CB will notice or be reminded that a unit exists.

Even if not true, what profiles are overcosted at the moment? What do you look at and say "Ah, but (X) exists, so why take this?"

Suryats, obviously; either a discount of a few points or a bump to PHY 14 should be a thing.

Maakreps, maybe? Though the culprit is probably Automedkit; it should probably be very cheap, or scale with unit PHY stat (see also Shasvastii with AMKs). Also the proliferation of Shock ammo makes AMKs less useful.

Kurgats. Just.. something to make them a choice compared to Dr Worm.

Vanguards, maybe they should become proper MI? Or perhaps Morat should cost less on unhackable models.

Umbra (both units) I have mixed feelings about. Without Shock being prevalent I felt they were spendy, but worth the points. More recently I just see them die from a single failed roll against some scrub with an smg.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

For what it's worth, there's been no mention of a game-wide overhaul, just some tweaking of PanO when Varuna comes out.

chromedog, toadchild and Flipswitch like this.
  3. ijw

But I agree that the Maakreps could do with a tweak.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  4. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Given how common shock is nowadays and the ruling on 2W and shock I do think the cost of V:Dogged and V:NWI could do to be looked at. It's not as good as it used to be. However that would effect such a range of units it's more of an N4 issue rather than a tweak.

Shas aside I don't think there is anything especially out of whack for CA.
    The biggest glitch for me is the visual look of Vanguard compared with their measly ARM1 stat. Does not compute!

Yog.0 likes this.
  5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Wait, it doesn't do that already? Isn't that the reason the Sogorat is so expensive? Or is it because of his massive PH?

6. ijw

High PH, and the highest ARM of any non-TAG?

7. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Plus a better than average CC stat and an AP CCW.

Yes a lower CC and higher BS would be better 90% of the time but one of my Sogorats epic 2 turn CC duel with a Guija is one of my best Infinity memories.

ijw likes this.
  8. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Looking at the Raicho getting cheaper somehow, there is a possibility the Morat rule gets cheaper for everything by a point or two.

With Shasvasti next year a drop for Automedkit also isn't out of the question (we all know it is subpar).

Combi+LSG rebalance should be expected to apply for everyone.
    So altogether we could be looking at some Rodoks and Sogarats dropping by up to 4 points.

9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

All of the EI aspects should be moved over to structure instead of wounds.

Umbras should be dropped in points since they die to shock crits.

Caliban need to be dramatically cheaper.

10. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

This

Also this.

I would add:

- EI Aspects need some change. They're pretty great but at the same time they feel slightly underwhelming. I would bump the Charontid PH a little and give the Anathematic infiltration and increase its cost for it. Also give the Avatar total immunity AND bioimmunity to make it even harder to kill.
    - We need EIKHDs in other troops. Maybe Zerat and Shrouded (and malignos in sectorial), but I'd take it on Umbras too.
    - Sphinx feels a little too expensive for its performance.

11. Hecaton

@DaRedOne I feel what you're proposing goes too far.

KHD's should be distributed though. I'd say Zerat, Malignos, and Anathematic should have the option. Maybe Maakrep too. And if I was wishlisting, the Samaritan.

12. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I don't really think they'd touch points very much, more likely to just mildly tweak profiles a little.

Still, having said that, EI units swapping to STR across the board (not just the Skiavoros) would be a very welcome change, as well as KHDs on Zerats, Malignos, Fraacta, and maybe the Anathematics too (although it probably deserves an AHD.. maybe with Upgrade: Maestro, or *gasp*, Upgrade: Exile)

13. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

I would love to see Zerats with a KHD. Fluff wise I don't think the EI would allow a Morat to have that tech. In my head canon the EI doesn't trust them enough to let them access certain high tech items that could threaten the EI directly.

schlafen likes this.
  14. Hecaton

KHD's aren't exactly "high-tech" by CA standards if Haqq has them.

15. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

They'd let Daturazi have them at the very least, since Daturazi worship the data-stream and would likely be quite fanatical about purging the infidels who dare try to hack the glorious EI.

Anyway, any tech provided by the Ur probably has "if-you-try-to-use-this-against-us-it-will-explode" failsafes built into it.

16. Mask

Mask Well-Known Member

Ratnik is a thing in these days. HI with arm 6.
    No more an exclusive for the sogarat.
    So much sadness...

Mask

17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Wait, maakreps are a bad deal? I thought the consensus was that they were better than the yaogat sniper in vanilla.

18. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Maakrep has SSL1, Courage and Automedkit (on PH11) in exchange for not having Morat and a bit less armor. So, marginally, yes, but just marginally. Maakrep can also take HMG, whereas Yaogat has access to a Spitfire. Slightly different roles but the same cost.

19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I guess where I was going with that was that if the Maakrep needs a points drop then the Yaogat definitely does as well.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  20. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Eh, i think Yaogats are overcosted in the same way as all other Morats are - its 2-3pts too high because of the Morat rule. Compared to other MSV MI of similar statlines that seems about right, whereas the Maakrep being the cost it is is more understandable when you look at the grab-bag of skills it has.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation