1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please give tips on how to play Señor Massacre.

Discussion in 'Soldiers of Fortune' started by Roadrunner7431, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I have not played Infinity. I see that the community is so excited about his arrival in A!. I have played two games in TTS. In each game he is sent to the Infirmary in the first round. His defense in one green and one black. Without a blue die he can lack shields and suffer damage easily. He more then any other character so far would greatly benefit from having Maximus close by him. Any comments?

2. Azrael

Azrael Virtual HexaDome Builder

He’s actually a control piece. He main role is to tie up enemy damage dealers so your weak scoring pieces don’t have to worry about them.

Taunt is his main thing. Stay clear of the “scrum” and draw the damage dealers away, or at the very least, prevent them from attacking others.

He regenerates, so that helps his survivability (especially if you take Epic Regeneration) but if he goes to the Infirmary, it’s not the end of the world, when he comes back into the Dome he can deploy close to the next damage dealer, move, and then Taunt them again...

‘Death’ in the Dome is not always the worst thing...

Flipswitch, volgo, -V- and 1 other person like this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Excellent answer! Much appreciated.

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You'll have to be careful with long range massive damage dealers, like Lunah or Wild Bill. Massacre fits in aggro teams. Ok, you can stay one turn with Wild Bill or Miyamoto due to their good Defense -as you pointed out before-, but Massacre has a set of Actions that can make him very mobile. Find the good place to be rearguard and leap next turn over your enemies. Once Massacre starts dealing -and trash talking- he must be a non stop.

Don't be afraid, Regeneration and 4:T: is enough. If you feel not, try holding in your hand a Dodge, Take Aim or Focus Tactics for Massacre's next Defense Roll. But then I'd select Epic Regeneration. If you get it played right in time... It's priceless. Make Mulligan trying to get it earlier, or playing Stick to the Plan / Catch your Breath.

If you're sent to Infirmary at very first turn, try not to be so aggressive until second round. Massacre is tanky but he's not Maximus. Reserve him for 4th turn if you need to come ahead.

As Azrael stated, dying is not a bad plan. With 3AP you'll return -even same Space- and continue. And as he's said the most important thing about Massacre: he plays control very well (oh, I love Say it to my Face. It's given more than one game to me).

Want a strong center? Pair with Maximus. Maximus is not as strong Taunting enemies as him, but you can force it using Contender if you feel needed. And Maximus and Massacre has the combo Kiss my sexy ass + Freeze! which lets you Inmobilized an enemy whoever you want (I'm looking at you, turn 4th Gata). Or you can leap on with Tangana! in the middle of the Scoring Zone and then play Scram!

Want a tougher Massacre? Pair with Parvati. She can restores more damage besides Regeneration. And she'll clean any State on him (specially Inmobilized and Dazzled).

Want a Taunter-pro Massacre? Pair with Laxmee. Focused State makes him barely 90% effective when Taunting. Also, Focused comes very handy to avoid an Inmobilized before Massacre's Activation. And a Stunned enemy won't hit Massacre so good (talking about your problem with Wounds).

Want a mincer Massacre? What about Hannibal in your team? +:,: bonus and the option to repeat your Attack is good enough. Or even lets Massacre to Taunt before his Activation, so he can gets his own +:,: for his Attack (and if you get sum +:,: for Pointman... OMG).

And... well, second expansion -Smoke and Mirrors- will bring another playground friends for Massacre.

I know all this is easy because they're only words. But they're only a few examples of paths to find your way of playing with Massacre.

What is the best option for every rival team? That's the hard question.

Please, share with us your team and your rivals' team so we can understand better your problem.

:wink:

5. Roadrunner7431

What a wonderful detailed reply. Thank you. The layers to this game are incredible. Sadly the Youtube videos besides Carlos' on BoW are not that helpful. The videos in English are like watching eight year olds playing their first game of chess.

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We'd like to make our own videos to show you all details about Aristeia! as far as Infinity, too. But it's a project we're slowly working on 'cos it requires a lot of time from us (script, filming, editing...).

We're doing our best improving Aristeia! web contents. Stay tunned.

Thank you for playing A!

:wink:

7. eronth

eronth Active Member

The intro vid you have for A! is actually really good. Better than into videos made for most games I've seen. Maybe just creating similar videos for the various teams as they come out would be all Aristeia needs.

As for infinity.... that's a much more complex and intricate system to try to capture in video.

8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Bit of a bump, but can confirm Massacre is great fun but a bit unforgiving. With Hannibal he can really, REALLY blend people into bits.

AdmiralJCJF, Fathi Amirmoez and -V- like this.
  9. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

I actually think Massacre is one of the more forgiving characters in the game. He's a very disruptive piece and he is a true thorn in the side of your opponent. Epic Regeneration makes your opponents frown, or at the least draws their "No!' card. And with his low costing abilities, going to Infirmary doesn't cripple him like it could Musashi or anyone else with a 3-cost attack action.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  10. Genesis

Genesis Member

in smoke & mirrors i think the priest and kozmo can also help massacre. the priest can make him more durable and kozmo can jump up to protect him or throw him right to the target.
    also, smoke is the best way to protect him. if you don't want him dead, you can simply throw a smoke to cover his space, and no one else can shoot him from far places.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  11. Flipswitch

Yeah I'm keen to try a Kozmo/Gata/Massacre/Mendoza comp, I think it could work well. The downside is complete lack of range, but you can help stack that with smoke and blinded.

12. Roadrunner7431

Thank you. To my knowledge you may be the first member of the forum in a long time to suggest a specific four character team combo. Now that we have Smoke and Mirrors in the TTS it will be much easier to tests these teams

Flipswitch likes this.
  13. Flipswitch

You're welcome buddy, I'm enjoying testing specific combinations to form some idea of a team roster I want to take for events.

14. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

I had a lot of fun in Conquest using Musashi/Massacre/Laxmee/Hannibal. Just watch out for shooters and Hexxer.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation