1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please add Rao and Singh to Defiance

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by yoink101, Nov 4, 2019.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

On the one hand, the models would see more use. On the other hand, they might also get an update in infinity. Please help me, CB. You’re my only hope.

Stiopa likes this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

The fact that, despite taking some time to think about it, I can't come up with any ideas on how you would make either of them into an interesting Defiance character really only goes to show how terribly bland they are!

You can't just port them across, bringing their ideas with them. Making them into Defiance characters will be just as hard as creating a unique new Defiance character from scratch.

yoink101 likes this.
  3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Rao could rely on ability to scout ahead of the main party and ambushing enemies (for example with abilities to remove aggro and place it independently on the board, effectively creating decoys). SIngh I have no idea for.

yoink101 likes this.
  4. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

If Rao were a pathfinder, maybe with infiltration/FD, forward observer, and sensor, he’d be awesome. A little expensive but at least interesting. That would also be an interesting concept for a character in defiance.

Stiopa likes this.
  5. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Rao would really benefit from the same utility that Hannibal brings, with Strategic Deployment. If he could start a Bagh Mari Haris team that far up the midfield, that would be genuinely interesting. It would also give the Bagh Mari Core a more distinct role.

Judge Dredd, Smiler, eciu and 3 others like this.
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I wonder how workable it would be to give Singh Tactical Jump in Acon only. He's supposed to have literally written the book on Airborne Deployment in the Infinity universe, to the point where the Yu Jing military took his ideas and started using them.

Smiler, yoink101 and barakiel like this.
  7. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

That seems an easy and obvious choice. Certainly his Chain of Command isn't necessary anymore, and I think we recognize that an assault pistol on top of a Combi isn't fantastic. Ditching both of those would free up a good chunk of points for some rules that are both thematic and tactically interesting.

yoink101 and Hecaton like this.
  8. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Fluff is/must be always secondary to game balance and faction identity design. For sure YuJIng, which was designed as an aggressive faction, didn't lose its tactical jump unit only for PanO to be given one.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

If anything it'd be good to give just him AD5.

Stiopa likes this.
  10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Eh, I disagree. You can do both.

It was always weird that Ko Dali had Tac Jump when Singh was noted as being one of the originators of the ideas she was putting into practice.

yoink101 likes this.
  11. Stiopa

Ehh, I don't care what exactly would be done as long as they'd get interesting. I'm afraid we need to wait a year, though.

12. AdmiralJCJF

I don't think even N4 will salvage those characters.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  13. Stiopa

Looking at them with an open mind will. Can't really tell how probable that is. But this is getting us into the familiar PanO complaining territory. Getting back on topic, I'm all for getting one of them as a Defiance character, though the argument that it's unlikely with Acon on hold is unfortunately solid.

AdmiralJCJF and colbrook like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation