1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Played the Bolts lately?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by andre61, Sep 19, 2018.

1. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Wait! this is not a dump on the Bolts topic, but I would like to ask as anybody played the Forward deploy level 1 with the Bolts? well! if you have not? It is a must do, I played the Bolts with FD and they rock, in one of my games they killed so much my opponent had to quit after turn one. If you have played the Bolts this way how did it work out for you?

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

eh, I still feel as though FD1 on bolts is kind of at odds with what they want to do. the MSR is probably my go-to profile for them, as that is the best reactive piece they have which allows them to leverage any benefits they have over fusiliers.

FD1 just brings them closer to things that can murder them imo.

3. Riquende

Riquende Well-Known Member

Yeah, not feeling it. It's a small force multiple for any MI and better MI will get better than Bolts from it. Unless they have an urgent pressing need to be as far back as possible (and even snipers can get some use out of FD if there's a handy rooftop etc).

4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I can't agree with this at all.

They are a CQB optimised unit, so if they can't handle being in close then they don't deserve to exist in the game.

But, if you ignore the overcosted profiles (everything with a light shotgun or drop bears) then they have always been ok, and with FD1 they are better able to get into their ideal range. It IS an improvement. Just maybe still not enough of one.

andre61 likes this.
  5. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

I played a bolt list with the new FD L1 rule... and I have to say it's going to take practice. 5 man links are tough to maneuver, but there is a TON of potential with them being 4" closer.

I just wish they had a haris option!

Stiopa likes this.
  6. MikeTheScrivener

well.... this may be a hot take.... but.....

Yeah, probably. Really imo you have to go first in order to properly take advantage. otherwise you're just inviting yourself to a Friday party you don't want to be a part of. Its a shame but really any Shotgun wielder, template haver, Smoke CC-centric guy just ruins there day.

I mean, we've had this conversation a million times before. The FD1 can be their biggest bane or their biggest boon I guess.

7. AdmiralJCJF

They are far from the only unit in NCA that has to play TOTALLY differently if you have 2nd turn.

8. MikeTheScrivener

absolutely, but I guess my point is that if I have 2nd turn I may not even use that FD1 on them.

andre61 likes this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

There are a lot of units, again even in NCA alone, which don't make full use of their deployment skills if they are playing with 2nd turn.

And 4" closer isn't that much more vulnerable to the things Bolts are scared of, and may often provide better positions, so it's still useful.

andre61 likes this.
  10. Riquende

Riquende Well-Known Member

Well, we've all been there.

[​IMG]

11. MikeTheScrivener

more times than I'd like to admit tbh

12. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I'll take my Bolts to that party

13. AdmiralJCJF

TBH, if my opponent is sending a Fiday against my Fireteam Core of Bolts then I'm going to be smiling.

Because there sure as hell isn't much else in NCA that I'd like a Fiday chasing, and at least the Bolts stand a chance.

14. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, sixth sense bs16 b2 shotguns vs bs11 b2 shotgun is a roll off I want

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation