1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picking a Lt

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Antares, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Antares

Antares Well-Known Member

Since starting to collect and play DBS in May I've played about a dozen matches or so with them, and so far I'm having much fun. They are flavorful, with some cool units, a highly flexible Core team but also some obvious weaknesses one has to play around. Which also is good actually, as I think playing DBS is helping me becoming better at the game itself.
    But there is one thing that kinda bugs me and it's the lieutenants, or the lack thereof. I'm sure this topic has been discussed before somewhere, but I was too lazy to go search for it and also the Sectorial has had some changes which maybe changed ppls opinion on that matter.
    So, Lieutenants: Brawler R+LSG, Druze CR or Arslan.
    Perosnally, I like arslans profile. He's good, but pricey, so when bringing him to the table you actually want him to be in the thick of things and do stuff. The extra Order would be useful on him, but there is no back up, so I find it to be too much of a risk to take him as your lt, although fluffwise he should be. That leaves us with only 2 profiles, the brawler and the druze. Of course you could pick multiples of these loadouts to hide the real lt, but then again these loadouts don't bring anything else to the table, and they aren't cheap. So in the end, anyone can easily take a look at your deployment zone and know who your lt is, leaving this sectorial prone to assassination attempts more than any other.
    I'd love to have a lt option on some more loadouts, like the Druze hacker or smth, so you could mix things up from match to match and the sectorial would still be weak at the lt game. Or, CB, if you read this, just give us a Druze CoC option in the next army update, so we can actually use Arslan as intended. I think having CoC wouldnt oppose the fluff of the faction.
    How is everyone else approaching this matter when building a DBS list? Do you disagree with me or have other ideas? I would love to hear your thoughts :)

2. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

As for the obvious LT problem. if you are playing Shasvasti or some other army with a good chance of assassinating your LT, bring a Bashi Bazouk or two and disguise them as LTs to play a shell game. Even if your opponent doesn't attempt an assissination run, they are good to protect your DZ.
    I used this tactic at the Sin City Smakdown against Shas. I talked to my opponent afterward and he said it confused the hell out of him and he had no idea where to put his Speculos.
    Just a thought.

csjarrat, Antares and Space Ranger like this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

If you pay Druze with actual Druze, the LoL is mitigated by Veteran. I think that was their intent. Unfortunately it's only Druze that have the skill. There's also only a few missions where loosing the Lt. is really bad. I agree about the decoy Lt. but a good player can figure it out due to Irregular orders. It's fine if going second.

csjarrat likes this.
  4. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

If you can take a spare of either brawler or druze, sticking the decoy dude prone on a rooftop and leaving your actual Lt linked for sixth sense a) narrows chances of identifying the right one by 50% b) means the sixth sense helps against a lot of assassins c) might lure opponent into wasting orders killing the decoy.
    Extra bonus points available if you pair it up with a bashi for 4 decoys. Enemy should figure out the decoy routine but it lowers the success rate further potentially.

Space Ranger and Antares like this.
  5. Antares

Antares Well-Known Member

These are very helpful suggestions, thank you all! Skipping parachutist on the bashi is a great idea which my smol brain hadn't yet thought of. I will definitely try that out! Now I just need more basic Brawlers...

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  6. Dujiaoshu

Dujiaoshu unsporting Druze

I almost always gonfor the brawler LT, Stick It in a fireteam and make sure you have at least 4 druze in your list to have a good veteran backup

Taowu in the other fireteam will.make for a good Shell game, that Is also rather risky for the enemy's Assassins' to approach

Antares and AmPm like this.
  7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Ikari has the same problem and so has Dashat (with the exception, that they can choose two loadouts for Zuyongs). Same as Starco (two choices of Brigada).

The problem with the decoys via holo is, that its not easy to have spare minis, that can do the job. If you have the old Druze box you will have plenty but brawlers are very limited.

Antares likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation