1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pi-Well got shorter. What a twist!

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Lucian, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I must've been living under a rock for some time, when did they shrink him into S1? I'm pretty sure at the start of N4 he was still S2
    [​IMG]

prophet of doom likes this.
  2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Huh i might have to find a new proxy.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Nah pretty sure it was start of N4. Cost me a game once forgetting tho

deltakilo likes this.
  4. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

oh shit i didnt notice this.

5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

So do I.

6. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

that is incredibly annoying. I want to use that model, and now I can't because no one will ever remember that this trooper is S1. I don't see a way around it. The model becomes useless.

7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

WTAF?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pi-well is clearly shorter than Zoe.

#7 Dragonstriker, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Mahtamori likes this.
  8. prophet of doom

Zoe is standing on a tactical rock. Pi-well is obviously shorter, but not short enough to be seen as an S1 model.

Robock and Savnock like this.
  9. Dragonstriker

Zoe has her right floor flat on the ground. The rock adds no height to the model. Pi-well is 3/4 her height.
    Here’s a photo I just took.
    DDC842AD-99C7-4844-BE14-5EBD576793D2.jpeg
    If you can’t remember that Pi-well is S1 (now that you know*) when it’s written on the profile, maybe this game is a little too hard for you.

*I didn’t know he’d dropped a size until this thread, but you can be sure I’m not going to forget now.

10. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I mean it was the opposite in N3. The model was shorter, more similar to a Zondbot but it was S2. No one really cared then either. I remember Mayacast being surprised he was S2 when they were going through profiles in early N3.

That's why we have the silhouette system though. I don't really see a big problem, he's short enough.

Dragonstriker and Robock like this.
  11. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Looks like you can easily cut out his legs in the middle and pin/glue halfs together. Should look fine. Or maybe repose his legs a bit, make him crouching. Or just get an old sculpt.
    [​IMG]

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. prophet of doom

I don't appreciate your aggressive tone.

I don't have a problem remembering my own trooper's profile, but my opponents may have when they see a model that is slightly smaller than the average S2 trooper, but definitely bigger than the S1 remotes.

The models are there to visually represent so that players don't have to memorise the entire stat set of every unit they may play with or against. Players are supposed to be able to look at a model and have a good idea what it is. You wouldn't want me to put a Mobile Brigada on the table and tell you it is meant to be a Taskmaster. This is the reason we use models and not cardboard tokens.

13. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

So, to be fair, in Infinity you can use any trooper with the same silhouette to proxy any other trooper. Mobile Brigada vs. Taskmaster wouldn’t work, because they have different base sizes, but the line between “tall S1” and “short S2” is pretty blurry. So “look at a model and tell what it is” doesn’t really work when that Zuyong over there could be anything from a WarCor to Achilles.

Biggest Example of S1 vs. S2 weirdness: Uhahu in StarCo is S2. Reex/Kaauri in Tohaa are S1. The model for a Reex or Kaauri is definitely taller than the model for Uhahu.

14. Dragonstriker

So remind them when they look at the courtesy list that Pi-well is S1, like a sportsman.

I’m sorry that you don’t appreciate my tone, although I was going for patronising* rather than aggressive.

*patronising is where you explain something to someone as though you think they’re not very bright.

#14 Dragonstriker, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  15. Delta57Dash

Now that is just uncalled for.

16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

While I understand it may become an issue, I am not sure people would appreciate models of proper S1 status they would be too small.

That been said this is an advantage of the Silhouette system.

17. prophet of doom

I know you are allowed to do that, but ti be honest, what is the point of buying models then? Anything can be anything as long as it is the same silhoette size.

I think it is bad sportsmanship to tell the opponent that they have to remember all your weird proxie choices.

My opponents tell me that I shouldn t use my dataanalyst HVT as HVT because it is painted in the same colours as my nomads and I think they are right.

As for Uhahu, she is a human being and thus less likely to be confused with an S1 bot. All humans are S2.

With Pi-well it is different because he's clearly a bot but looks like S2, but is now S1 and that is confusing.

The fact that there are other models which are also confusing is not a valid justification.

18. prophet of doom

Your picture perfectly shows that the Pi-Well model is S2 size. Clearly taller than S1 and neatly fitting to the S2 template.

19. Delta57Dash

It's one thing if you're doing it specifically so you can make all your super-buff HI look like LI and your LI look like HI; it's another thing entirely if I'm taking my Tohaa models and proxying them as PanO so I can play a faction I don't own.

The first is deliberately trying to mislead your opponent, which is bad sportsmanship. The second is one of the main points of the proxy rule in the first place.

Regardless; Pi-Well going from S2 to S1 isn't a huge deal. S1 vs. S2 has been weird since forever and this isn't going to break the game.

kesharq and Dragonstriker like this.
  20. prophet of doom

Its certainly not breaking the game, but still making a model that I havent used as much unusable for me. It looks too much S2 for me to use it as an S1 model.

Tbh. I probablt wouldnt really like it to face a Tohaa army made.of PanO models. My personal proxy rules are that the silhouette has to be the same, the weapon has to be the same or very similar, and the armour has to be similar as well. Otherwise the visual clue isnt there, and asking the opponent what something is drags the game and disrupts the mental process.

Peeking over the table to establish LoF to a model that seems to be S2 and then being imformed that it is S1 would be a pretty disappointing gaming experience.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation