1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perimeter weapon vs camo, delay or not delay ?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Arkhos94, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Let's imagine the following situation :

A camo market declare move and is moving close to a mine and a crazy koala.

The mine detonate and the reactive player know is opponent is likely to dodge as a second action.

If he delay his koala ARO, he will have to declare boost as an ORA when the camo marker dodge.

But is it possible to choose not to delay ? If yes, then the crazy koala won't ORA and won't detonate, preventing the camo marker to avoid both the mine and the crazy whith one dodge.

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

- Perimeter Items are not activated by enemy Camouflage, TO or Impersonation Markers, nor by any Special Skill or piece of Equipment whose description specifies so.

I think, they aren't activated till the camo marker is revealed. Therefore, if the Camo dodge, the Crazy Koala will react.

#2 Ben Kenobi, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Yes. The Koala will declare boost as soon as the camo marker reveals himself. Otherwise not. So you have to be careful. It is the same like breaking stealth with the second part of your order if you are in range of a jammer.

chromedog and inane.imp like this.
  4. BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD Vampire Hunter

Perimeter weapons, as mines, do not ARO. You don't get to choose what they do, they just do it when the conditions are met. Camo marker moves, koala does nothing. Mine goes off. Camo marker declares dodge, loses marker state, koala triggers boost.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Perimeter Weapons absolutely ARO. They use the Boost skill which is an ARO skill. They just don't get an ARO against Camouflaged, TO Camouflaged or Impersonation marker

inane.imp likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

In the case of both a Camo Marker and a regular enemy activating within ZOC of a Perimeter Item as part of the same Order though: no, they can't delay and must Boost vs the non-Camo option.

Apparently the obligation to Boost overrules the permission to delay vs Markers. @ijw has corrected me on this one previously.

7. BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD Vampire Hunter

If they get AROs and the only one they can declare is Boost, how would they ever delay and hit a marker that revealed on the second skill? That also requires us to paper over the "only troopers get AROs" as described in the main ARO rules.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As @inane.imp wrote, they can't really delay nor ARO anything other than Boost against non-camo/imp enemies. So it does mean that the Perimeter weapons don't get an ARO at all until the Camo marker reveals (no need nor ability to delay).

And you're entirely correct, it does mean that only troopers get ARO needs fixing. I guess this is another case of "because the rules say so"

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation