1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

patroclus duo and holo3

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by dhellfox, Mar 21, 2020.

1. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

does holo 3 turn achillies into an holo marker too?

2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

No. The ruse only works up until the beginning of Patroclus’ first active turn.

3. dhellfox

so unless you own 4 achillies v2 models its basically worthless in terms of shielding him?

i thought echo still active providing the user only uses short orders that don't cause rolls or not discovered

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

Iirc, Holoprojector L1 does not have any marker to indicate it whatsoever. The only way to tell is through a BS Roll. On one hand, it doubles the chance that an attack against one of the Achilles ends up being against the real one, excluding any tactical thinking on either side to further cloak/seek the real one. On the other, it may stay this way until any of the two make a BS Roll, which may be beneficial depending on the stuation. I think holoprojector use is decided during deployment, so you should be allowed to carry multiple courtesy list for the same roster.

yoink101 likes this.
  5. dhellfox

as far i understand l3 is just a upgrade that allows it to be used in squads. the rules suggest it can be reactivated after deployment similiar to IMP/CH if i read it right.

again if you don't own multiple achillies V2s, i don't see any reason why you would duo.....

HOLOPROJECTOR LEVEL 2 AUTOMATIC EQUIPMENT
    Fire-Sensitive, NFB, Optional
    REQUIREMENTS
    EFFECTS

• This piece of Equipment allows its bearer to deploy in the Holoecho state when he is placed on the table.
    • In game, this piece of Equipment allows the use of the Holoecho state.

Holoecho
    Activation

• Automatic when deployed, placing three Holoechoes on the game table, within Coherency of each other. Players must respect the general conditions of the Deployment rules.
    • If the Holoprojector L2 bearer is outside enemy LoF, then the bearer may automatically activate this state at the beginning of the Reactive Turn, placing the other two Holoechoes in base to base contact with it.
    • During their Active Turn, troopers with Holoprojector L2 may revert to the Holoecho state by expending an Entire Order while outside enemy LoF. The player will place the other two Holoechoes in base to base contact with the Holoprojector L2 bearer.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

Well, there's something else to that. If your Holoprojector bearer is the team leader, you have to place a team leader marker on each holoecho miniature at the start of the game. Gets your scheme busted right out in a Duo. The only benefits I can see would be protecting Patroclus and blocking LoS. If you want to be deceptive to protect Achilles, you'd need to go second, without a Fireteam and have four Achilles minis. Or put them in Fireteam and go for Holoprojector L1, as there's no marker involved and only one Fireteam marker anyway, and you'd still need two Achilles minis.

I guess this rule would really shine for units linked in a fireteam core, where anyone could be the team leader and holoechoes would blend in the link, as you only have to put one marker. You'd just know that there is an holoecho dude link, that he isn't the team leader and that there's a 33% chance he is the one bearing the marker. That a nice survival odd improvement in your favor. Impersonnated minis would also probably be pretty cheap line troopers, I mean real world money wise.

#6 Eclipse, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    dhellfox likes this.
  7. yoink101

It’s always important to read the example. Once Patroclus begins his first active turn, holo echoes are indicated by markers for the rest of the game.

During the Deployment Phase, a Steel Phalanx player deploys Patroclus in Holoecho state, so she places three Achilles V2 models on game table, to confuse her adversary about the real Achilles V2 she deployed before. Then, she takes note secretly about which one is the real Patroclus. As Patroclus possesses a Holoprojector L3 and also the Fireteam: DuoSpecial Skill, the player places beside each model a Duo Leader Marker. At the beginning of her Active Turn, she must also place a Holoecho Marker beside one of the three models.

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

Not including real Achilles right ?

9. yoink101

Achilles doesn’t have holo three is isn’t the duo leader in the example, so yes.

Eclipse likes this.
  10. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

L3 also lacks the NFB tag and as such can be combined with patrocles' ODD. You can reactivate it out of sight, yes.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation