1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Paradiso2" Campaign System

Discussion in 'News' started by xagroth, Sep 16, 2018.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

So I've been writing a campaign system for the past 2-3 months in my spare time, with the objectives of being easy to get, play and be a Referee for, giving the players an incentive to win that won't turn the most succesfull of them into murdermachines against the lest succesful, and I came up with this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11KkOpLFtwb1u-tixCM89RVAIFFmQL5qjFnEIDPGQVRc/edit?usp=sharing

The document is on the v0.4 version and aims to replace the Campaign system presented on the Paradiso book.

For those who want to have a look at it, there is also a PDF version attached to this post, but the online version has comments enabled for anyone with the link.

I *hope* the wording is easy to understand and follow, but I'm open to suggestions. It is, after all, released as a Creative Commons in the parts that don't belong to CB.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

unclesrouce, Grathak, Wolf and 2 others like this.
  2. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like campaigns.
    We just planned to start one in our meta... :thinking_face:

And thumbs up - there is a lot of effort in this. Thanks for sharing!

xagroth likes this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Yeah, Infinity should come with a health warning for regular gamers that It’s unexpectedly immersive, difficult, and that almost every decision can have dramatic and usually fatal consequences for your dudesmen. I know several lifetime Warhammer players who find it all too hard, and despair.

Small points or TAG batlles are a good way to help get new players over that hump, but they're also trivial, and lack the objective-centric aspect that’s so key to Infinity. (If you take the meaning out of things, they get less stressful, but they also get less rewarding - what did Buddha say about all that, again? :wink:)

All of which is why providing an option to de-tune the game, making it less competitive and less stressful, but providing a storyline to make it richer and more rewarding to compensate is a very good thing. Nice work, Senõr Xagroth!

#3 Wolf, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    xagroth likes this.
  4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

<whistles>

xagroth likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Thank you all for the response.

The idea came to me after playing a bunch of campaigns using the old Paradiso system, in which the huge extremes were the Extra AVA branch (that +1 STR to a max of 3 makes Aleph, Onyx and Nomads absolute murdermachines) and the "no char Greek list" eveytime they played against any CA related due to fear of losing critical characters (2 myrmidon officers plus myrmidons and change, no chars at all). Having been on both extremes, and having seen how some players would become "farmed points" for veteran players everytime they faced them, well, everyone wants to spend points and improve, it's just that permanent improvements tend to leave some players out of the fun and others too much into it, thus the idea of using the points for altering the missions, pairings, etc...

And of course, the "canon-divergent" decision of allowing "sepsitorized" (or potentially) characters to be replaced, so downwards spyrals are less likely.

Wolf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation