1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parachutist

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Kumatake81, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Kumatake81

Kumatake81 Well-Known Member

When I read rhe rules of the parachutist skill, I stumbled across the following sentence:

The player may deploy the Trooper on any surface of the game table, as long as that surface's size is equal to or larger than their base and is in contact with the edge of the table.

I know that it might be intended, that the trooper touches the egde of the table, but could you also read it like:
    1) Deploy an a surface
    2) This surface must be equal or larger than the base and in contact with the edge of the table.

English is not my native language, but the comma, seems to seperate point 1 and 2.

Thanks for your thouhts

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

"[..]as long as that surface's[..]"

It is quite clearly talking about the same surface throughout

3. Kumatake81

Kumatake81 Well-Known Member

Yes I understand, but the bold part could be related to the surface as well, not the trooper?
    So I can deploy anywhere on that surface?
    Or did I misinterpret your post?

#3 Kumatake81, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I do not see a way the bolded part could reasonably be interpreted as the surface itself, given at least a doubt, in this case considering Combat Jump is a thing that's both more expensive, supposedly more advanced, and also requires a roll to perform

Kumatake81 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation