1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panoceania Ranks and Badges

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Farseerol, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Farseerol

Farseerol New Member

Dear fellow members, I a bit of help for the unit ranks and badges. Has anybody got any information/references? I want to paint my unit with rank of corporal, sgt, major.... It looks way better to characterize them. Few month ago CB posted an article of Combined Army Ranks and Badges. What about Panoceania?

2. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Well, we don't have anything yet, as much as I know. And this is hard to know as, if I remember well, all countries that are part of PanOceania didn't have the same badges for unit ranks. Even Major doesn't refer to the same grade between France and Britain, for example.
    Maybe the reference is the ones of the Australian/New Zealand army but maybe not.

3. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Putting present day rank markings on a sci-fi game army wouldn't really work imo anyway. Even if that sci-fi game has faction derived from present day countries.

Farseerol likes this.
  4. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I would just make up something, It's sci-fi, No one is going to tell you that your ranking system is wrong.

Farseerol likes this.
  5. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Given these are black ops its a little out of place, but if its what you want why not use the starship trooper ranks

[​IMG]

Farseerol likes this.
  6. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

Given the fact that plenty of PanO "founding coutries" (NZ, Australia, Malaysia, India) has system of rank derived from British Armed Forces, you could fairly expect it has some impact to the PanOceanians as well. But then there is a question of Brazil Army, which I have totally no clue how it looks like, and how it would incorporate.

But somewhat I'd expect that PanO ranks wouldn't be anything exotic and it would more or less corespondent to the NATO system. So, if you want to paint you models in this way, it's completely ok. Maybe there would be minor exotic references somewhere, like using Havildar instead of Sergeant in Hindu regiments of SAA, and Military Orders would possibly have its own (and obscure) ranks system (I remember I read something like Abbot-Commodore in some of the books).

Farseerol and Golem2God like this.
  7. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

The actual PanOceanian military is likely pretty standard - enlisted, NCOs and officers are likely similar to most modern militaries. Special Operations, the Hexahedron, etc are likely more cyberpunk and futuristic in nature - I'd look at established science fiction for a guideline.

Military Orders, on the other hand, seems to be a fusion of a priestly title and a military rank - "Brother-Sergeant", "Father-Officer", the aforementioned "Abbot-Commodore". Which incidentally means that Space Marine rank titles from 40k are not unreasonable.

In all my Kurage battle reports, I've been following these self-imposed rules. My ranks tend to emulate the USMC as I think they offer the best combination of ground and sea-themed ranks to hit the "space is an ocean" trope that Infinity follows.

Farseerol and Golem2God like this.
  8. Farseerol

Farseerol New Member

Yeah.... NZ, Aus, Msia, India are based on British Armed Forces badges. Personally I painted my NCO Fusilier's red cap while others are just dark blue. As for the badges, I couldn't find the right spot at the arm.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. Farseerol

Farseerol New Member

I'm focusing on vanilla now while slowly moving towards full military order. All my knights' color are based on historical references of crusader templar. Commanding officer will have different tabard/loincloth color.

My Father Knight painted as follows Jesuit priest - Full black armor, white gorget, maroon/red loincloth.
    My Knight Sepulchre as follows Kingdom of Heaven movie Knight of Jerusalem - Grey armor, light blue cape.

eciu likes this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Jesuits Order need to be disbamded every 200 years.

And Kingdom of Heaven was a terrible movie (though few scenes were nice).

11. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

The Director's cut was a lot better, and I mean a whole lot better. If you've only seen the theatrical release, seeing the Director's cut is like watching someone finish filling in a jigsaw that previously had half the pieces missing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation