1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PanO & ALEPH-affiliated black ops NA2

Discussion in 'General' started by Stiopa, May 18, 2018.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

While I really like the concept of NA2, none of the current armies are a good fit for me. JSA is nice, but I have enough non-merc armies already. Ikari and StarCo are nice, but mostly for someone with an existing collection of Haqq, JSA, or Corregidor troops. Bayram on the other hand seems too restricted - half a sectorial, really. What I'd really like to see is a merc company with ties to PanO and ALEPH; essentially a black ops squad funded and supported by the big powers, but operating outside their chain of command. Here's my wishlist:

Regulars
    Hexas
    Devas
    Proxy Mk.1
    CSUs
    ABHs
    Brawlers
    Bashi Bazouks
    Wardrivers

Atalanta
    Proxy Mk.5
    Druze

Proxy Mk.3
    Proxy Mk.4

Anaconda

Peacemakers
    Dronbots
    Mulebots
    Dakinis
    Garudas
    Yudbots
    Netrods

Locusts
    Dasyus
    Proxy Mk.2
    Hunzakuts

Kum Troops
    Yuan Yuan

ABHs, Wardrivers, Brawlers, Druze and Anaconda are pretty self-explanatory. They're all standard merc troops. Same goes for Bashi Bazouks and Yuan Yuans, while Hunzakuts and Kums look like just the people to hire for such an outfit. CSUs also fit here. AVA 4 on Brawlers and Druze, AVA 2-3 on rest of the mercs, with Druze Core (with various other units mixed in) and Brawler Haris being the primary fireteams for the company.

PanO side is more problematic, as its units are mostly regular army, but Hexas and Locusts - Hexahedron troops - are a no-brainer here, and Regulars are veteran Fusiliers, more suitable for deniable black ops operations than other PanO units. Between TO, ODD, and unique Regulars options they bring some hi tech to the table. Regulars should be able to mix to a point with Druze and Brawler links. Mass-produced PanO remotes also fit the theme.

ALEPH units provide the company with rest of the hi-tech solutions, and should be limited in numbers, AVA 1-2 at most. Devas and Dakinis are another possible partners for mixed fireteams.

All in all army would be flexible, highly mobile and able to dominate the midfield, deadly against light targets but with limited tools against TAGs or other heavily armored troops.

Teslarod and McNamara like this.
  2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

No. According to existing lore:
    • Aleph does not provide mercenaries
    • Nobody would hire Aleph troops as random mercenaries since there is no way to pretend they are not working for Aleph
    • Aleph troops don't really work with mercenaries since Aleph has rules and mercenaries don't really
    • Most of the Aleph troops you listed are considered top-secret and should not exist. Announcing that troops don't exist but you can hire them doesn't really work.
    Will you please stop it with this mercenary infatuation. It's lame and please keep my Aleph out of it.

If you really want Aleph troops in NA2, there's plenty of possibilities with providing them to serve with minor powers. Or putting O12 into NA2 and giving it access to a lot of Aleph troops.

3. Stiopa

No :P

YTonic and loricus like this.
  4. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I guess O-12 could work as a NA army which does sport Aleph troops. That way you can side step the mercenary route and still have a mix of factions. No Druze and such but you are free to recruit the regular army troops.

Deltervees and Robock like this.
  5. Stiopa

Aleph is an afterthought, really. What I'm after is having a merc company that makes use of PanO troops, making it easier to start one.

6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Magna Obra.

It's only evil if you get caught.

I'd be very please to see a corporate evil PanO mega corp on the table. Heck, they'd fit a lot better into the tabletop setting than most Vanilla armies and Sectorials.

I was unsure if Aleph would meddle at first. But with companies that are too big to fail, gouvernment/benevolent AI overlord involvement seems fitting.

#6 Teslarod, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  7. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Yes, please place your Equinox forces on the table so that I can more easily hunt them with my Govads.

8. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Equinox won't be a problem. Each time they rear their heads, the Govad will be waiting to chop it off.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Honestly, it's the MI that should be making up most armies special operations forces. So, Bagh Mari/Kamau/Akali, not so much the Acon Regulars.

It takes a lot of training to get someone up to speed. Even the SEALs rarely take someone straight out of boot camp. I mean, you can challenge for it, but I'm not sure a single SEAL has skipped their nominal A-school. One of my classmates in A-school went SEAL after he made E5(Sergeant equivalent). Then again, he had to fight pretty hard, the Submarine Force doesn't like letting go of people. He also had to undergo heart surgery to correct a problem (a secondary nerve path that could lead to atrial fibrillation under high stress). Brandon was a good guy, I need to catch back up with him.

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Hexahedron Wet-work Squads as a group of CBLs - much more likely than a full NA2 force anyway

Section9 and Deltervees like this.
  11. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Sorry if I'm necro'ing the thread but I'd definitely love to see a pan o deniable ops type of sectoral sort of like the crew from outrage. I'd even be ok with them using the surviving outrage crew.
    Something like
    Brawlers
    Regular bounty hunters
    CSU
    Hexas
    Locust
    Yuan yuan
    Druze
    Orcs
    Pano remotes
    Knauf
    Emily
    Uhahu
    Miranda
    Basically all that to give it a very elite black ops feel to it.

12. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Proxies? Regulars? Yuan Yuans? Atalanta? Netrods? Garudas?

Oh hi there Wet Dreams Sectorial, what are you doing tonight?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation